***The Official HTC One Thread***

The Verge hands-on: http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/19/4003338/htc-one-hands-on-video-photos

Think he got dressed in the dark this morning? :D

Don't know about you but I've lost interest... I'm bored

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly what we expected.

I think it's nice, I think the Xperia Z looks (aesthetically) better though, I'm really not a fan of the front. I can't believe they've gimped up the storage (or well, I can :p).

I think the GS4 will top this, at least from an overall perspective. It just hasn't excited me, as nice as it is... :confused:

Shipping in late March.

[TW]Fox;23790631 said:
For goodness sake at lack of SD slot. Can't they leave charging hundreds of pounds for paltry storage increases to apple?

They aren't even doing that, you only have 32GB as an option... (unless you import one from Asia)

720p @ 60fps - cool.

The phone is nice overall I guess - design is overall a bit boring but has some nice touches like curved back and thin sides. Front is better on the DNA imo.

No SD slot, gimped buttons are a massive drawback.

Last edited:
The Verge hands-on: http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/19/4003338/htc-one-hands-on-video-photos

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly what we expected.

I think it's nice, I think the Xperia Z looks (aesthetically) better though, I'm really not a fan of the front. I can't believe they've gimped up the storage (or well, I can :p).

I think the GS4 will top this, at least from an overall perspective. It just hasn't excited me, as nice as it is... :confused:

So all I hopes are pinned on the plastic rock then! :D

As nice as the HTC One is, I can't help but to come away disappointed from this.

That's two flagships down....2 more to go(?) :eek:

Re: the buttons -

Holding the home button brings up Google Now and double-tapping shows the recent apps. There's no menu option.

Well Done HTC....Quitely b*llsing it up! :eek:

That leaves the door wide open for Samsung to step through and continue their domination. Everyone will be walking around with a S4! :rolleyes:

Gs 4 will top it in a few areas i.e. storage, removable battery, however, it will just be a more complete package, can't see it being hugely better just like when you compare the X/S, XL etc. to the GS 3. Each will have their strengths and weaknesses, just comes down to personal preference.

HTC DNA handles everything perfectly well with the S4 pro, so as sarge said, doubt you'll notice any difference except in benchmarks.

I think it looks great so far:

- best LCD screen on the phone market by a long shot
- excellent camera (should be......)
- stereo speakers on the front with their own dedicated AMPs
- design is nice (guaranteed it will be better than what Samsung have to offer with the gs 4 :p)
- aluminium uni-body
- excellent battery life (going by the DNA with its 2020mAh battery and slightly larger screen)

Only thing I don't like is the button area with the htc logo and sense 5 by the looks of it, although not a problem :p

Stupid not to have a 64GB option available here, but 32GB is way more than enough for me personally.

Not sure what they could have done differently to make it even better? Aside from sd slot? (and better design)

Their marketing all sounds very good and you can't deny that it's a cracking phone overall. It doesn't take much to make me want something like this, but even the BlackBerry Z10 was doing a better job of it... :o

Meh. I don't know. :(

The front is just ugly, I don't like it at all. The back is fine though.

:( I will end up with one of these I can see it.

You're the last person who should end up with one, didn't you mess about importing a DNA? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom