***The Official HTC One Thread***

Their marketing all sounds very good and you can't deny that it's a cracking phone overall. It doesn't take much to make me want something like this, but even the BlackBerry Z10 was doing a better job of it... :o

Pfft, Samsung/Apple fanboy. :p It's a phone you'll need to see in the flesh!

I thought that the One S was perhaps the best industrial design of 2012 in part thanks to the metal backside, unique concave shape, and size. The truth is that the HTC One feels even better than that

:cool:

I will wait regardless anyway, want to see if Samsung can change their design direction and want to see the X phone too.

If the GS 4 is ugly as hell again and the X doesn't live up to expectations then this will most likely be my next phone (unless something else comes out or htc bring out an updated model! :p)

Yes it is all abit meh....underwhelming to say the least.

There's something about this phone that just doesn't scream out "buy me...buy me now!"

I can't quite put my finger on it......but I think i'll pass for now :(

Oh my! :eek:

Want to feel one now! :D :p

IMO as well, the one S is indeed the best phone out there currently for design build/perceived quality (iphone 5 feels more premium but not as nice due to it being a rectangle slab)

Wonder how it compares to the oppo 5 in those areas? Suppose to be head and shoulders above everything else.

I will wait regardless anyway, want to see if Samsung can change their design direction and want to see the X phone too.

If the GS 4 is ugly as hell again and the X doesn't live up to expectations then this will most likely be my next phone (unless something else comes out or htc bring out an updated model! :p)

Surely the lack of SAMOLED will rule you out? :eek: :p

I doubt I've had more, but I've had a few

• HTC Tyhoon
  • Nexus One
  • Incredible S
  • Sensation
  • One S
  • One X

I've had:

Hero > Desire > Desire HD > Sensation > One X

Bah, you win. Or well, Nexus One doesn't count! :p

personal I don't see why people always have problem when some new comes out, like for example yeah it would be nice with a microSD, but at the end of day how many time are you going to use that port with all the memory they give you, like for example how many times do you really take your simcard out of the slot. Personal I do like the design and also when they do these design it is for an average user. 64gb is good but would you ever fill up 64gb on the phone?? and if the answer is yes then we might as well forget about gb and move to TB....(lol) wireless charger would be a good idea, who know.. maybe there is an add-on kit available.

every phone has it good and bad, for Samsung it is the design, mimic or apple and cheap case, but good hardware...

I'm impressed with HTC for choosing a 4mp camera with big pixels and not caviong in to the mp race, should offer great pics, although I was happy with the one x's pics. Very disappointed with only having 2 buttons.

Ooooh can I join in?

I've had

Hero > Desire > Desire HD > Incredible > Sensation > One X > One S :D

Ok you win! :p

It's funny you and Rusty both had the Incredible, I always liked it (the Incredible S), but never got one. Was massively underrated.

Ok you win! :p

It's funny you and Rusty both had the Incredible, I always liked it (the Incredible S), but never got one. Was massively underrated.

Yay! :)

The Incredible S was an awesome phone, I really liked it. I agree with you vastly underrated, IMHO HTC's finest phone. :cool:

Got my missus one just before Xmas off eBay for £65. It was in worse nick than described, but it turned out it was easier to recycle it for £85 (would have been £95 if mint) than get refunded :D

Surely the lack of SAMOLED will rule you out? :eek: :p

It is very annoying :( but........The SLCD 3 screen is superb, great viewing angles, slightly more vivid colours than the majority of other LCD screens, the only real downside is the blacks but I no longer use a black homescreen setup :p (and most of sense is white anyway :o :( :p) I love the one X screen and especially the iphone 5 screen.

If the "X" phone is good or not much worse than the htc one, however, has 1080P SAMOLED then I would go for it purely due to the SAMOLED screen, likewise for the GS 4 as long as the design is good! :p

Couldn't care less about wireless charging as you still have to have a cradle, which has a wire! :D :p Also every phone that has supported wireless charging and had an official wireless charger, it has taken months for them to actually arrive i.e. the nexus 4 wireless charger has only just started to come in now, likewise for the GS 3 (about 1-2 months ago iirc) and same for the lumia 920, so by the time HTC got their one on the shelves in shops, the next lot of phones would be out :p

personal I don't see why people always have problem when some new comes out, like for example yeah it would be nice with a microSD, but at the end of day how many time are you going to use that port with all the memory they give you, like for example how many times do you really take your simcard out of the slot. Personal I do like the design and also when they do these design it is for an average user. 64gb is good but would you ever fill up 64gb on the phone?? and if the answer is yes then we might as well forget about gb and move to TB....(lol) wireless charger would be a good idea, who know.. maybe there is an add-on kit available.

every phone has it good and bad, for Samsung it is the design, mimic or apple and cheap case, but good hardware...

why the heck would you pull a sim card out?

and yes having expandable storage is important, if you dont use it doesn't mean others don't need it?! im not exactly sure what you're trying to say here?

top end phone in my eyes should have everything that is available and sd slot is not a new thing at all..

oh oh oh and the new sense sucks IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom