***The Official HTC One Thread***

why the heck would you pull a sim card out?

and yes having expandable storage is important, if you dont use it doesn't mean others don't need it?! im not exactly sure what you're trying to say here?

top end phone in my eyes should have everything that is available and sd slot is not a new thing at all..

oh oh oh and the new sense sucks IMO.

I was using the sim card as an example once you put it in the phone you don't take it out everytime, same as if you had a 64gb built in, who is going to fill it up, but I guess you would want a 64gb internal plus another 64gb on microsd, but as I said earlier it was my personal opinion anyway. Also you got dropbox /cloud, you can remove anything you don't want...

regarding sense 5, it about time to make things lightweight, but until the phone in the shop we can only just blow wind in the room

I got 32gb in my phone right now on microsd and I have never taken it out since I got the phone and it is less than hard full. Either way if they did included a microsd, I bet someone else would complain....lol

Last edited:
nice, I wonder when the shop are going to get that out, I would definitely love a demo, since I am out of contract on both phones, I wonder what deals they are going to give me...maybe I could do a tax deductible, and use my reason as it is need for work....lol

Full HTC One spec:

PLATFORM

• Android 4.1.2 with HTC Sense 5
• Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz
• Total storage: 32GB/64GBi, available capacity varies
• RAM: 2GB DDR2
• Battery: 2300 mAh embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery​

CAMERA

• BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 μm, Sensor size 1/3'
• Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2
• F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
• Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
• Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
• Front Camera: 88 wide angle lens with HDR capability
• 1080p Full HD video recording for both front and back cameras
• HDR Video
• Continuous shooting and VideoPic
• Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback
• HTC Zoe™ with highlights and HTC Zoe™ Share
• Retouch with Object Removal, Always Smile, and Sequence Shot​

CONNECTIVITY• 3.5 mm stereo audio jack

• NFC capable
• Compliant with Bluetooth 4.0
• Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX™ enabled
• Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n
• DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer
• Support consumer infrared remote control
• micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)​

HTC BOOMSOUND™

• Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
• Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio™
• HDR Microphone
• Sense Voice​

NETWORK

• GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
• WCDMA (1900/2100 (B2/B1) MHz)
• CDMA (800/1900 BC0/BC1/BC10, Sprint)
• LTE (1900 (B25, SPCS)
• Frequencies will vary by region/operator​

SENSORS

• Gyro sensor
• Accelerometer
• Proximity sensor
• Ambient light sensor​

• Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
• Digital compass​

AC ADAPTER

• Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
• DC output: 5 V and 1 A​

SIZE: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm/4mm (max/min)
WEIGHT: 143 grams with battery
DISPLAY: 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI

The one thing that puts me of when I look at that spec list (same goes for other phones) is the android version = 4.1.2 :( :o

Don't care about 4.2 as it doesn't really bring anything new, but for god sake, how can it take so long to bring such a small/easy update to other phones??? I have got most of the new features on my S already from using 3rd party apps! If KLP is as big of an upgrade as it was for ICS then I dread to think how long it will take for other devices to get it, maybe a year again or even longer........ :o

This is why a nexus 4 is still extremely tempting.......

Looking fantastic... really going to have to think hard about my next phone. Specs are all but irrelevant as all top end devices are more or less the same anyway... so it's just down to how it looks and how easy it is to root. The HTC One looks ok and the stereo speakers are great. I love the fact they stayed with a 4.7" screen as I can't help but feel the 5" screen in the S4 will be too big. Time will tell...

It's only an extra tap of the home button away though right?

Yup, but it is annoying, they could have just kept it the way it was previously, instead you now have to double tap home button rather than just pressing a dedicated button.

Plus it means that you will always be returned to the homescreen first

Double tapping capacitive buttons regularly? Yuck. Amazing hardware totally ruined by gimmicky and bloated Sense 5.

I'd buy it tomorrow if it was running stock Android with a traditional 3 button layout.

I wonder how much better the camera on this will be compared to the Xperia Z? I haven't seen one yet but if the Xperia Z screen is quite passable, I might prefer that...

Don't care about Sense. It's main features are good enough such as contacts, camera etc. You can always stick another launcher on there!

Only things putting me off at the moment are the stupid button layout - either go with the standard 3 or none at all, not some random new layout.

EDIT: Black one looks a million times better!

Yup, but it is annoying, they could have just kept it the way it was previously, instead you now have to double tap home button rather than just pressing a dedicated button.

Plus it means that you will always be returned to the homescreen first

I have to hold down home on my SII to get to recent apps. I'm assuming if it is a double tap then it won't take you to the home screen first as it will be waiting for the second tap.

Back
Top Bottom