***The Official HTC One Thread***

Is it true that Google forced them to remove it?! What a joke. :(

Gopple.

I wonder why.

Any decent photo's from you Ho guys, the pristine Ho I had a look at in p4u, shop dudes own, had some brilliant photo's of his mountain bike, trainers and hall all indoors possibly the best phone photo's I've seen and I know some of you are more than capable of matching him.

Also it's reassuring that later build phones seem to be improving QC wise.

Just installed the update. Feels nice and smooth (not that it didn't before mind). Haven't had a chance to check out the camera yet - I'm at work. However, I noticed that the animation between home screen and app tray seems to have gone - it just snaps into the app tray.

Ginga

Just installed the update. Feels nice and smooth (not that it didn't before mind). Haven't had a chance to check out the camera yet - I'm at work. However, I noticed that the animation between home screen and app tray seems to have gone - it just snaps into the app tray.

Ginga

Top tip - get rid of the horrid sense launcher and install Nova Prime.

I am a sucker for SAMOLED so you could be right. Though I really am hacked off with Samsung's lame design again. Need a full hand's on to decide.

Yes I still have the i9305 and it feels just as speedy as the HO tbh, which is a nice surprise.

Yes locked to T-Mob I believe, not checked with a different SIM yet.

T-Mob are usually slow with updates - lame!

Have you noticed any improvements mate?

Yes the S3 LTE is a good phone and TBH I regret selling it. (It was in anticipation of getting the S4) then the S4 was unveiled and it was IMO a disappointment. Put it this way, if I still had my S3 I wouldn't be tempted to buy the S4, like you I'm really disappointed with the S4 design.

I know you're a sucker for SAMOLED, one look at the screen and I think you'll fall in love! :p

T-Mobile are painfully slow Mate when it comes to updates, I feel sorry for you! :eek:

I'm not using the HO today, I'm running with the N4 so I won't be able to tell you what improvements there are to the new firmware, sorry Dude.

You've come from a good position to compare the HO to the DNA Dude.

The update's hitting UK Sim Free phones now, check it out!

I'm downloading it now :D

No worries :cool:

From what I know both 02 and Vodafone HO's have received updates, not sure about any Orange / T Mobile users here. If anyone with on Orange / T Mob / EE can confirm they've had the update?

That's a very recent build, great that there's no issues with your HO. :cool:

I haven't actually found any updates on Orange/T-Mobile yet.

I've also come across a rather annoying issue - when the phone vibrates, the case has a tendency to rattle, and it's not quiet either. Rather irritating.

I got my sim-free HTC One black today! And my god, it's such a massive difference from my Xperia PLAY! Loving this already!

Tried playing with Sense 5, feels much better than previous versions, but I prefer Apex so I slapped that on.

Build quality is very good on mine, I was worried about the gap problems but mine is 100% flawless (serial code is FA34H)

Also checked the updates, and I got the 1.29 update straight away.

The HTC transfer tool was pretty cool as well, didn't have to install the Windows program, all I had to do was download the HTC transfer app on my old phone. A pity it can't transfer app data, but that's already been backed up by titanium. Not sure about rooting this phone yet though...

One major problem I came across was the call quality, they couldn't hear my voice and just a muffle. It made me mad that everything but this was fine. And then I took off the HTC flip case... and all was well again... Well HTC, I just found a flaw on your case :D.

Last edited:
90% of the general phone related comments I see everywhere are very favourable towards HTC, and not overly impressed with Samsung...

Have Samsung blown it with the GS4?! It sounds like they're on the ropes, legs have gone... :p

Please can someone explain the whole CPU Bin thing for us noobz? What difference it makes, how to find it out etc.

I'm downloading 1.29 now (sim free)

That hammer, knife, keys test video is interesting Nexus. I can tell you for a cold fact it doesn't hold up great to a 3ft drop onto pavement though. Not that it's totally ruined either but it does chip, and scratch up the chamfering :(

I've now got it in a horribly cheap (but not too awful to look upon) ebay silicone white £2 special. I'd like to get something a bit more premium for it to reside within however.

Any recommendations people?

Unable to contact location service.

Constantly. Driving me mad. Google maps works fine so why not the rest?

Having 'My Location' on the lock screen not where I actually am is just crap.

I will be ordering my HTC One later on in the week but I don't know what colour to go for. I like the silver and the black. I usually always go for black when it comes to phones. Seen a few comments though saying the HO really picks up the fingerprints etc. I don't use a case on my phones.

Back
Top Bottom