***The Official HTC One Thread***

Thanks, though couldn't get a good shot of the flush speakers. You'll have to take my word for it. :D

We believe you Dude ;) :p

Out of interest what is the serial/build number of the phone and where was it made?

For example my build number is FA34DW and made in Taiwan which when decoded means that it was manufactured on the 13th April 2013

Thanks stoosh - where was yours made?

Ordered this case for my Dad: Nillkin Flip Real Leather for HTC One in Black

Mine was made in Taiwan as well but has a very minimal gap at the bottom and the screen isn't flush at the top but it isn't as bad as other posters on this thread. The screen sticks out all along the top instead of dipping from left to right.

Nice case Dude, very stylish, it should keep the HO well protected! :)

Did you send that back?

Atleast you have the Nexus 4 to keep you happy.

Are you going to try an S4?

My Dad needs to have a case, if this baby drops it will end in tears lol.

Did you send that back?

Atleast you have the Nexus 4 to keep you happy.

Are you going to try an S4?

My Dad needs to have a case, if this baby drops it will end in tears lol.

No Dude, it's not as bad as the other HO's that I owned and the faults I can live with so I'm keeping it.

The Nexus 4 is an awesome phone, funny thing is that I actually miss using it so will from time to time swap to that.

I haven't completely ruled the S4 out but there's a number of factors that niggle me, firstly with the imminent release of a water and dust proof S4 and the price being quite high for the sim free version, touchwiz being bloated so much, and the design being so similar to the S3, I'll wait until the price drops before deciding. Although I would definitely check one out when I get to a phone shop.

It's debatable as some people will ridicule you for getting a case for the HO but I've slapped a case on mine and if it ever drops there won't be any nasty dings in the aluminium.

I keep checking mine every time I use it, (hate doing so) I used to do the same with the HOS looking for any new chippings but never with the S3, I guess that's one advantage of plastic over aluminium. I just want to use a phone without worrying about it gaining scratches or dents and the HO doesn't inspire such confidence as I work in a rough and tumble environment :eek:

Last edited:
The Nexus 4 is an awesome phone, funny thing is that I actually miss using it so will from time to time swap to that.

Me too actually... got my N4 out today and it's a really streamlined fusion of software and hardware. I love the HO but it's clearly a consumer-focused product whereas the N4 is more a precision weapon :D

Me too actually... got my N4 out today and it's a really streamlined fusion of software and hardware. I love the HO but it's clearly a consumer-focused product whereas the N4 is more a precision weapon :D

+1 My sentiments exactly, infact this evening I've taken my sim card out of my HO and put it back into the N4 and it's really is a joy to use :D

It's a shame some are having issues as mine is mint no problems 3 weeks on, best phone I used and I thought the DNA was good.

Wish that update would hurry up for SIM free phones.

Last edited:
We believe you Dude ;) :p

Out of interest what is the serial/build number of the phone and where was it made?

For example my build number is FA34DW and made in Taiwan which when decoded means that it was manufactured on the 13th April 2013

I have a SH34H (Shanghai, 17th April 2013) with absolutely no problems. No edge issues and the speakers are flush.

Really do like the phone though. Taking a while to get used to the lack of a third button, but I'm loving it so far!

What on earth does a third button usually do? So far I haven't seen any need for a third button. Why are people crying about it?

Well, usually you'd have:

Home button
Menu/Multi-tasking button
Back button

Obviously they haven't got the Menu/Multi-tasking button, which means you get that utterly horrendous black bar at the bottom of most apps.

On the HTC One X there was a re-mappable multi-tasking button (to menu).

Nothing for this yet is there? Ruins the phone completely. :(

Well, usually you'd have:

Home button
Menu/Multi-tasking button
Back button

Obviously they haven't got the Menu/Multi-tasking button, which means you get that utterly horrendous black bar at the bottom of most apps.

On the HTC One X there was a re-mappable multi-tasking button (to menu).

Nothing for this yet is there? Ruins the phone completely. :(

Most?

You use the wrong apps.

Back
Top Bottom