***The Official HTC One Thread***

I got mine off Gumtree, but I have the O2 upgrade paperwork and O2 didn't seem too bothered it wasn't 'my' phone, so will take to them today, once I've returned it to stock.

There are quite a few people on XDA that say it the light should come on when you tap the screen. I don't know why it wouldn't by design. Surely that would be a huge mistake?

Seems like it is a mistake. Been looking at youtube reviews and I haven't seen it appear in their testing either. I doubt it's a fault as most of the other forums list the lack of AF assist as a con compared to the lumia phones.

Last edited:
Well in reply to my last post about my One producing blurry pictures, I gave Phones 4 U a call earlier and I was told that they were unable to exchange the phone because I'm way out of the first 28 days day and that they could book it in for a repair instead to which I turned down as I will go down the route with HTC instead.

So I gave HTC a call, explained the problem and after having to email in a photo that was taken on my phone, they agreed that the photo doesn't look right and agreed to booking it in for a repair. They have also booked UPS to come and collect the phone for me tomorrow :)

Liam

I used the "Chat" service on their website this morning to arrange a repair for mine (not camera, it's completely dead). It was pretty easy to be honest, and although they did offer a courier to collect the phone tomorrow its easier for me just to post it today (plus it'll get there sooner!).

Yup, got to agree, thus far it's pretty good service. I explained my two clear examples (not focusing in the dark and my video comparison) and that I've had it over a month and she's gone ahead and booked UPS to come and collect it tomorrow afternoon.

**EDIT** E-mail is here within a couple of minutes, now to get it boxed up.

Also, I put a stock O2 ROM back on and flashed a stock recovery, but recovery seems to be broken. I won't mess with it further, I explained to her that part of my 'debugging' was flashing different firmware and even custom ROM's.

**EDIT2** I notice they ask for proof of purchase? Have you guys put this in? I do have the upgrade paperwork, with someone elses name on. I guess I'll stick that in!

Last edited:
Yup, got to agree, thus far it's pretty good service. I explained my two clear examples (not focusing in the dark and my video comparison) and that I've had it over a month and she's gone ahead and booked UPS to come and collect it tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I put a stock O2 ROM back on and flashed a stock recovery, but recovery seems to be broken. I won't mess with it further, I explained to her that part of my 'debugging' was flashing different firmware and even custom ROM's.

**EDIT2** I notice they ask for proof of purchase? Have you guys put this in? I do have the upgrade paperwork, with someone elses name on. I guess I'll stick that in!

If you send the original take a photocopy for your own records in case they pull a "we don't have any record of that"

They never asked me for proof purchase, the only thing they asked me about ownership of the phone was how long I've had it and the IMEI of it as well, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Liam

They asked me the same, it was just in their standard e-mail that it asked for proof of purchase. As I looked through the 'tick sheet' they wanted me to print and sign, there's a bit that says 'Documents agreed to enclose' or something similar, which is totally blank.

Seriously, how good is the camera in day light? I'm going away in a couple of months and want to take good photos on my phone so it's this or the s4...

Back
Top Bottom