***The Official HTC One Thread***

Poetic Atmosphere Case seems available in the rainforest again now but at a slightly higher price that it was before. but free delivery available.

Trying to decide whether to get one or stick with Belkin pocket case i've got.

Has Google Now stopped working for anyone else/ mine just says location services are turned off and refuses to work, even though they're all turned on. I've tried restarting to no avail, and clearing app data...

So, this is apparently a problem after the latest update to google services and the location service not running even though its enabled. Anyone know the best way to back everything up so I can do a factory reset?

Hmm definitely something wrong, HTC phones have never been that great when it came to focusing during video recording but they are better than that!

So I decided to try get a screen protector for the HTC One... bad idea, it doesn't feel nice :(. Will keep these though just in case I do have the odd trip where I know I may damage the phone...

Which screen protector did you get? I'm using the sgp ultra clear atm the cheap ebay ones had the rainbow effect.

Don't get your hopes up! My experience of their repair centre is that they are nothing short of awful. My desire went back to them around eight times and they still failed to get it right.

They then upgraded me to a broken desire HD!

I agree. Been 25 days since I sent mine in a 2nd time. Still stuck with someone elses phone I got sent by mistake. The guy from head office who was handling my complaint has been avoiding me for a week. To really take the **** a guy on customer service told me to 'just be patient' yesterday and that there was nothing they could do. :mad:

What is the problem with your camera again?

The camera photos produced come out slightly blurred & grainy/noisy on both sides, but it's noticeably worse on the right side - and it's the same when manually focusing when taking photos as well, the clarity and focus on the centre of the photos produced look excellent. It appears to be a bit of a common problem with the first batch of HTC One's manufactured when they were released (I got mine a week or 2 after the phone was released), this is according to a few reports on the XDA forum. From what I've seen recently though with people very recently purchasing the phone, newer One's don't appear to be having this problem so to me it sounds like a bad batch of camera lenses or something along the lines of this.

Here's a test shot from a couple of weeks ago: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/KenRocker/2013-04-30091642_zps2500b616.jpg

Comparing to other photos taken on other One phones, as demonstrated on here & on XDA - mine look terrible.

Liam

Last edited:
The camera photos produced come out slightly blurred & grainy/noisy on both sides, but it's noticeably worse on the right side - and it's the same when manually focusing when taking photos as well, the clarity and focus on the centre of the photos produced look excellent. It appears to be a bit of a common problem with the first batch of HTC One's manufactured when they were released (I got mine a week or 2 after the phone was released), this is according to a few reports on the XDA forum. From what I've seen recently though with people very recently purchasing the phone, newer One's don't appear to be having this problem so to me it sounds like a bad batch of camera lenses or something along the lines of this.

Here's a test shot from a couple of weeks ago: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/KenRocker/2013-04-30091642_zps2500b616.jpg

Comparing to other photos taken on other One phones, as demonstrated on here & on XDA - mine look terrible.

Liam

Ah yes I remember now :p

Yup definitely faulty, it was either a problem with the lens not being aligned correctly or the OIS.

Hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Remember if you have problems, always threaten the usual stuff i.e. inform all the tech sites, friends/family, watchdog, deal with someone higher up, send emails to their supervisors or whatever etc. and then they will give you proper customer service.

Last edited:
Ah yes I remember now :p

Yup definitely faulty, it was either a problem with the lens not being aligned correctly or the OIS.

Hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Remember if you have problems, always threaten the usual stuff i.e. inform all the tech sites, friends/family, watchdog, deal with someone higher up, send emails to their supervisors or whatever etc. and then they will give you proper customer service.

To be fair in my experience I really can't fault their customer service so far, I've always got through to them straight away and both reps who I've dealt with have been very thorough and reasonable. I do think that they are a bit out of touch with the repairs department though as they couldn't give me a proper reason as to why they couldn't find a fault with mine when it first went in the other day as their was not really anything on the engineer's job notes.

When I spoke to them yesterday and complained about the fact that their engineers couldn't find a fault with my phone, besides booking it in for another repair they also escalated it to a priority job and more work on the phone would be carried out.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom