***The Official HTC One Thread***

It's not that they ape apple, that would actually cost sales as they would have all apples faults and few of their merits it's just that they spend a little more than Sony and HTC on polish and QC, a little bit more power in a battery, a few more meg of processing, an SD slot, a few more top guys in their software team you know the stuff, just a bit more effort and the cash will keep on flowing in like a river so making Sammy stronger and stronger each year.

Last edited:
Second picture - totally different designs, one is square and the other has rounded corners and is an inch bigger. It's so obvious even Stevie Wonder can tell the difference :p

^ What's black and screams...?

Stevie Wonder answering the iron.

I'll get me coat. :p

Perhaps! :D

One of us should ask her! Preferably when she's in the shower again!

The reason htc don't go with removable batteries is because it allows them to design better phones and imo it shows and is very much worth it in the end. Besides having non-removable batteries is good in some ways, less likely for it to break as dust/moisture etc. can't get in as easily as it would with removable back covers etc.

SD slot, no idea, more confusing why they put it on some phones but not others i.e. one s and x didn't but the low range model (V) did :confused: :o

HTC are one of those companies where they continually frustrate consumers with their design decisions. One on hand they're superb but annoy us all with their often quite obvious and stupid choices.

As for those comparisons, yes it is very clear that Samsung have been copying apple across everything and not just marketing, less so with the gs 3, the main one was the gs 1, it was just a rip of. GS 2 was very similar in terms of design/shape and software was a bit similar but not as bad.

The GS 3 isn't really that similar at all though.

I bet when/if Apple loose the hard home button, Samsung will as well......

Well copying Apple in terms of marketing and everything else has worked in Samsung's favour. They're raking the money in and are a major player in the mobile industry. I only wish that Samsung's designers grow some cahoonas and become bold in their designs.

Last edited:
haha :D Could ask her a few other things too............. :p

You will have to wait for apple to change their design first and then Samsung will follow! :D :p In which case, never......... :p

haha :D Could ask her a few other things too............. :p

LOL! Like ask her if the Z is really waterproof? :p

You will have to wait for apple to change their design first and then Samsung will follow! :D :p In which case, never......... :p

Ye of little faith! Apple will never change their design ;)

I don't quite get why HTC keep doing silly things like omitting a micro-SD card slot and not going for the largest user replaceable batteries they can..

But I do think that the reason they struggle against samsung is not only the marketing, but more that Samsung aggressively try and make their phones ape the iPhone as much as they can..

Just look the icon colours/layout/screen breadcrumbs..
RoVkZkal.jpg
even the S3 retains a little of the same look..
jZ445ufl.jpg

Obviously if you want to try and pander to the iPhone crowd.. rip it off.. (And I'm not saying that's a bad thing)

Yes yes, Apple clearly invented the idea of program shortcuts being placed in a row, along with video chat, (only on wi fi) and voice recognition that only works in a quiet environment...

All these never existed in any form before Apple, definitely not.

Yes yes, Apple clearly invented the idea of program shortcuts being placed in a row, along with video chat, (only on wi fi) and voice recognition that only works in a quiet environment...

All these never existed in any form before Apple, definitely not.

Wow, steady on...

I'm not saying Samsung are doing anything wrong or underhand, but they absolutely 100% do 'aim' at Apple in a look/feel way.. and it works for them.. That's all I'm saying..

Have you not seen all the litigation between apple and samsung over the last few years? I don't care who is right or wrong, but it's patently obvious the design style Samsung have been copying.. and I own a Note II and HTC One X, so I'm no apple diehard that thinks they invented electricity or something..

^^ I've seen limited apple success in litigation in specific jurisdictions tbh the only Samsung phone I thought looked aspplesque was the Ace, the fast and loose US patent system is more to blame for the legal farce, having read in depth the arguments it's all smoke and mirrors fought for publicity and market share.

Wow, steady on...

I'm not saying Samsung are doing anything wrong or underhand, but they absolutely 100% do 'aim' at Apple in a look/feel way.. and it works for them.. That's all I'm saying..

Have you not seen all the litigation between apple and samsung over the last few years? I don't care who is right or wrong, but it's patently obvious the design style Samsung have been copying.. and I own a Note II and HTC One X, so I'm no apple diehard that thinks they invented electricity or something..

Holding the patent to something and actually inventing it for whatever reason do not seem to be required by some legal systems. It's crazy.

"Slide to unlock, " like the lock on most garden gates and doors which has been around for hundreds of years.

Apple think they invented the concept. The crazy legal system actually encourages them to think like that!

Last edited:
Wow, steady on...

there's no look/feel way :) its just natural thing same way you could say bmw aim at mercedes by using round wheels.. :) it is logical to have a row of icons

and samsung is far from trying to get the same feel iphones have.. after all they are all about plastic aye :)

ace did look a bit iphonish tho.. but its not like the shape is something special or never seen before.

Just ordered this phone.

+ 1000 Minutes
+ Unlimited Texts
+ Unlimited Mobile Internet
+ 24 Month Contract
£30 p/m + free phone seems like an awesome deal to me.

Nabbed from a thread on XDA a few picture comparisons. Can't find the original resolutions to have a decent analysis.

One X

ru9a3u9y_zps2cae78dc.jpg

One

vuvydeqa_zpsa6f13309.jpg

II am the complete Apple anything anti fanboy I must admit.... All my mates roll with Apple and they are completely annoying!

I just think their gear is ridiculously overpriced for what you get, but Apple has always been that way.

I hope we see some updated higher spec WP8 phones because I'm getting bored of Android too...

What's missing on the Nokia 920 that will actually make a difference?

What's missing on the Nokia 920 that will actually make a difference?

Apps, memory, CPU, GPU and the phone is massive.... It is just so early 2012 in specs, but you are expected to pay 2013 prices.... No thanks.

MS just seem to be annoyingly so far behind it's not worth bothering with. Weird when you think they could produce a high spec business phone to destroy others easily.

I soon tired of the 920 , the apps ate a joke Tbh. The cpu is fine for WP8 bit as a OS its poor for me. The phone is way over sized and far too heavy.

Last edited:
The dual core S4 krait is no slouch, one of the best CPU chipsets there is (only truly beat by the S4 pro and snapdragon 600), overall better than the exynos in the GS 3 and better than tegra 3. Perfect chipset for windows phones.

1GB RAM is plenty for windows phones too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom