***The Official HTC One Thread***

I've said it before but a Desire running a custom ROM is a very capable phone! It just needs a bigger screen. I'm not expecting a massive leap in everyday performance with a new fairly unoptimised phone. I do obviously understand how much better the hardware will be.

I'll phone P4U in a bit and find out about my order and then update here.

The Desires screen was bulletproof, you literally could not scratch that thing.

The Desires screen was bulletproof, you literally could not scratch that thing.

Tell me about it, the phone is built like a tank. I had to beat the phone into submission in a fit of rage to break the LCD. Then it was a 20min dismantle to put a new one in...

Reminds me of my first laptop. It was indestructible.

That's an interesting view. Is it just because of the bluetooth problems and the 'horrible screen', are you sure your phone wasn't faulty?

Haha, I expected that. Too predictable. ;)

I own more than just one phone.

The Bluetooth issue is inherent to Samsung in general it appears. Whatever BT radio they are using can't hold a stable connection without going distorted and I tested this issue on numerous devices. (Parrot, Nissan, Audi, BMW head units.) Samsung official firmwares always seem to have at least one glaring bug that affects the day to day usage of the product and the awful plastic of the S3 became a scratched mess within a few days even in a case so I didn't bother with one in the end.

The screen impressed me initially, but then it doesn't take long to notice that the image quality is actually pretty rough compared to other phones displays and everything gets a murky blue hue thrown over it.

Samsung also provide very little consistency across their apps, so you end up with a dog turd brown calendar which is a pain to use, a jet black email app which runs a massive fisher price font and a dialler which is the aesthetic equivalent of being poked in the eye with its snot greens and bright oranges.

So no, I'm not impressed with Samsung in the slightest.... I've never liked Apple either.

Tell me about it, the phone is built like a tank. I had to beat the phone into submission in a fit of rage to break the LCD. Then it was a 20min dismantle to put a new one in...

Reminds me of my first laptop. It was indestructible.

I had a Desire for around 14 month which I didn't keep in a case and the screen did not get one scratch, in fact I used to show off scraping my keys up and down the screen to prove how robust it was. By comparison my S3 had scratches on the screen from just being in my pocket after a week...

Last edited:
The Bluetooth issue is inherent to Samsung in general it appears. Whatever BT radio they are using can't hold a stable connection without going distorted and I tested this issue on numerous devices. (Parrot, Nissan, Audi, BMW head units.) Samsung official firmwares always seem to have at least one glaring bug that affects the day to day usage of the product and the awful plastic of the S3 became a scratched mess within a few days even in a case so I didn't bother with one in the end.

The screen impressed me initially, but then it doesn't take long to notice that the image quality is actually pretty rough compared to other phones displays and everything gets a murky blue hue thrown over it.

Samsung also provide very little consistency across their apps, so you end up with a dog turd brown calendar which is a pain to use, a jet black email app which runs a massive fisher price font and a dialler which is the aesthetic equivalent of being poked in the eye with its snot greens and bright oranges.

So no, I'm not impressed with Samsung in the slightest.... I've never liked Apple either.

You see, I understand what you're saying here, it's just the way in which you put it across initially.

I've no doubt the HTC One will suit you better.

You see, I understand what you're saying here, it's just the way in which you put it across initially.

I've no doubt the HTC One will suit you better.

I'm hoping so, because my Nexus 4 is providing one or two frustrations also....

Its as weak as hell, (Already smashed the glass on the back somehow in my pocket.) the battery life can only be described as average at best and it gets pretty hot under moderate stress...

Kiss and make up ;-)

I read that as kies, thinking you were making jokes, n thought no one has ever made up over kies

PS, do you guys sleep.... Times between posts

sleep??????? This is important stuff someone is wrong on the internet!

Worry not even if the HO is deemed by most to be not as good as the XZ or S4 it'll still be an excellent device, barring stupid mega faults that should never have made it this far, see that's HTC I can't even confidently claim that it'll be an excellent phone if not the best, sad.

Last edited:
You mention you are an iPhone owner... I don't like pigeon holing people, but it probably explains the I'm holier than tho vibe you are giving off.

Sorry to jump in on your little to and fro with Robbo, but hahaha. Nothing like adding a little credibility to yourself in an argument, huh. Definitely not a fanboy.

Sorry to jump in on your little to and fro with Robbo, but hahaha. Nothing like adding a little credibility to yourself in an argument, huh. Definitely not a fanboy.

II am the complete Apple anything anti fanboy I must admit.... All my mates roll with Apple and they are completely annoying!

I just think their gear is ridiculously overpriced for what you get, but Apple has always been that way.

I hope we see some updated higher spec WP8 phones because I'm getting bored of Android too...

Last edited:
Average joe

hello,

Average Joe here.

I really am not in the league of you guys however, i do find it necessary to come on here and see what the talk is about on an handset, especially if i am paying around £500 for one. Although i agree with the comments regarding average joe's.

All my friends walk around with an iphone/sgs just because the majority have them. Cant moan at them really as phone history for me of late is not exactly ground changing...Desire/Desire hd and HOX.

Got to say this forum is one of the best due to content, humour and speed of news.

Although some of your conversations confuse the hell out of me sometimes, keep up the good work.

Yours

Average Joe

ps that average joe i cant find the ****ing smileys
pps oh here they are:) :)

hello,

Average Joe here.

I really am not in the league of you guys however, i do find it necessary to come on here and see what the talk is about on an handset, especially if i am paying around £500 for one. Although i agree with the comments regarding average joe's.

All my friends walk around with an iphone/sgs just because the majority have them. Cant moan at them really as phone history for me of late is not exactly ground changing...Desire/Desire hd and HOX.

Got to say this forum is one of the best due to content, humour and speed of news.

Although some of your conversations confuse the hell out of me sometimes, keep up the good work.

Yours

Average Joe

ps that average joe i cant find the ****ing smileys
pps oh here they are:) :)

Uhm, good for you.

I guess.

Average Joe this forum is good due to the people that contribute to it, apart from the odd set to which is bound to happen. It's worse elsewhere plenty of flaming and dissing going on.

It's all good here :D

@Nexus Nice find with the swimsuit model. Do you think she has problems ergonomically with the Z? Must be hard holding that and a bar of soap in the other hand! :p:D

I don't quite get why HTC keep doing silly things like omitting a micro-SD card slot and not going for the largest user replaceable batteries they can..

But I do think that the reason they struggle against samsung is not only the marketing, but more that Samsung aggressively try and make their phones ape the iPhone as much as they can..

Just look the icon colours/layout/screen breadcrumbs..
RoVkZkal.jpg
even the S3 retains a little of the same look..
jZ445ufl.jpg

Obviously if you want to try and pander to the iPhone crowd.. rip it off.. (And I'm not saying that's a bad thing)

Last edited:
Icon layout is mostly different, screen looks really different too me, icon colours are hit and miss, some basic things like contact and phone are similar but some of these are just basic iconography.

Top picture - both phones are black.

The S2 shows the menu screen and not the home screen which isn't a true depiction of what Android looks like.

Touchwiz is totally different on the home screen, so what if icons look bad and cartoon like?

Second picture - totally different designs, one is square and the other has rounded corners and is an inch bigger. It's so obvious even Stevie Wonder can tell the difference :p

So how does this

232585xcitefun-samsung-galaxy_zpsf8a31ca0.jpg

Compare to the Iphone in the first picture?

Looks totally different to me.

Last edited:
Nice find with the swimsuit model. Do you think she has problems ergonomically with the Z? Must be hard holding that and a bar of soap in the other hand! :p:D

Perhaps! :D

I don't quite get why HTC keep doing silly things like omitting a micro-SD card slot and not going for the largest user replaceable batteries they can..

But I do think that the reason they struggle against samsung is not only the marketing, but more that Samsung aggressively try and make their phones ape the iPhone as much as they can..

Just look the icon colours/layout/screen breadcrumbs..
jZ445ufl.jpg

Obviously if you want to try and pander to the iPhone crowd.. rip it off..

The reason htc don't go with removable batteries is because it allows them to design better phones and imo it shows and is very much worth it in the end. Besides having non-removable batteries is good in some ways, less likely for it to break as dust/moisture etc. can't get in as easily as it would with removable back covers etc.

SD slot, no idea, more confusing why they put it on some phones but not others i.e. one s and x didn't but the low range model (V) did :confused: :o

As for those comparisons, yes it is very clear that Samsung have been copying apple across everything and not just marketing, less so with the gs 3, the main one was the gs 1, it was just a rip of. GS 2 was very similar in terms of design/shape and software was a bit similar but not as bad.

The GS 3 isn't really that similar at all though.

I bet when/if Apple loose the hard home button, Samsung will as well......

Back
Top Bottom