***The Official HTC One Thread***

The camera samples don't exactly inspire me with confidence. Notice that the picture compared with the Iphone 5 looks washed out and colours aren't reproduced very well.

In the video sample you can hear popping noises nearly every 5 seconds which is extremely annoying.

It's a pre release unit, let's hope that HTC get around to improving the camera on the phone. All in all it's a very good phone which might be very well let down by the gimmicky camera.

Yeah I am not judging the camera at all until final units and final software/updates are released, as the quality could vastly improve with a software update just like what happened with the lumia 920 and GS 3 etc.

Yeah I am not judging the camera at all until final units and final software/updates are released, as the quality could vastly improve with a software update just like what happened with the lumia 920 and GS 3 etc.

Fingers crossed eh? We shall know fairly shortly and that's if the release date isn't delayed in the UK.

Had a half hour play with this phone on Thursday, they have done a cracking job with it.

Build quality was faultless and it felt very solid.
It was fast, very fast. Everything was smooth and I tried tripping it up by coming in and out of apps but nothing but fast operation.
Screen was amazing, blacks were perfect and I am blessed with 20-20 vision and I couldn't see a pixel.
Blinkfeed was something of a concern before I used it but must admit that it was so smooth and fast it really grew on me. The screen seemed to make the images and text jump out.

I am seriously tempted by the HTC One, its just unfortunate that the S4 is due at the same time and will probably eclipse it.

Surely the blacks can't have been 'perfect'? :eek:

I wasn't expecting it as I am used to the AMOLED screen but they were excellent. Must have a filter in the glass or something.

I also played with an Xperia Z about 10 mins before the One and the One was noticeably a better image quality.

Apps, memory, CPU, GPU and the phone is massive.... It is just so early 2012 in specs, but you are expected to pay 2013 prices.... No thanks.

MS just seem to be annoyingly so far behind it's not worth bothering with. Weird when you think they could produce a high spec business phone to destroy others easily.

As I said, aside from the apps (still over 100k of them...) what's missing on the Nokia 920 that will actually make a difference... with WP8 on it? It's not Android, it doesn't need a quad core processor to allow it to run smoothly, god knows Android needs a high end/quad core processor to run smoothly (testament to all the cheap Android phones out there...)

The size is an issue I agree, the screen size could do with being smaller and it could be thinner, but then that's the way the high end market is going unfortunately... It's also needed to allow the polycarbonate to be strong enough and have a decent camera module. :p

That's nice then, sounds good!

Cant see how anyone could be disappointed with the One.

The only hurdle will be the uninitiated people put off with the 4MPixel camera. I understand why they have done it for the low light performance etc. and I prefer what they have done. I only use my phone camera for quick shots for whatsapp, email etc. and better low light would be great.

I've just been looking around at possible release dates as I've got my htc One on pre order (sim free) I see MobileFun are showing the phone as due in stock today Linky Let's hope it is released this week, I hate it when they keep putting back the release date. htc should really get their act together and get the One out this week or they may loose customers with the Samsung lauch event on the 14th.

I've just been looking around at possible release dates as I've got my htc One on pre order (sim free) I see MobileFun are showing the phone as due in stock today Linky Let's hope it is released this week, I hate it when they keep putting back the release date. htc should really get their act together and get the One out this week or they may loose customers with the Samsung lauch event on the 14th.

HTC have a golden opportunity to get back into the game with the HO, if the apparent leaked design of the S4 ends up being true, it sucks big time compared to the HO design.

Release date of the phone are being delayed in certain parts of the world but not in the UK and US according to the link below

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/htc-one-release-date-to-be-delayed-by-ultrapixel-camera-production-woes

HTC have a golden opportunity to get back into the game with the HO, if the apparent leaked design of the S4 ends up being true, it sucks big time compared to the HO design.

Release date of the phone are being delayed in certain parts of the world but not in the UK and US according to the link below

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/htc-one-release-date-to-be-delayed-by-ultrapixel-camera-production-woes

Couldn't agree more, if htc miss this opportunity they really have lost the plot. I can see the delay in certain countries due to regional variations. Lets just keep our fingers crossed for this week in the UK.

It doesn't matter what htc do, they will always loose out to Samsung :p :o :(

Not true IMO, look back to the days of the Desire back then they were king and people were choosing the Desire and/or Nexus One over the Galaxy S. They just seemed to lose ground around the time of the Sensation and the Galaxy S II. HTC One looks like they're on the come back trail, fingers crossed we don't see a million variations of it before the end of May.

It doesn't matter what htc do, they will always loose out to Samsung :p :o :(

I know but it's a shame. HTC are the connoisseurs choice when it comes to mobile phone tech and Samsung are mainstream. :rolleyes:

On another note my HO screen protector arrived today. All I need is the phone! ;)

IMG_20130311_112126_zps53d3d8fc.jpg

I know but it's a shame. HTC are the connoisseurs choice when it comes to mobile phone tech and Samsung are mainstream. :rolleyes:

I think it completely depends on the person. I imagine most people on here who have bought in to Android will simply go with the phone which offers the best complete package, be that Samsung, HTC or the Nexus phones. I know that the definition of "complete package" is rather subjective but recently in my view Samsung have just edged HTC and thus they've managed to take a lead; however if HTC step it up again then I'm sure you will get more people buying their phones.

They were king with the desire/nexus one, however, they were the only good android manufacturer then, no one could compete (android wasn't "that" popular either then), in fact I can't even think of what android phone there was that could compete with it, then came the galaxy S1 (came rather late to the game though), I didn't like it, but iirc in the end it sold more and became more popular than the desire.

HTC's problem is not with the phones they make (there one series were fantastic really and easily stood up to the GS 3 overall, the desire HD and sensation were one of the biggest key factors to their downfall though [imo]), it is more to do with their silly decisions i.e.

- releasing all these difference versions of the current model, last time I checked there were at least 6 "S" devices and then releasing an improved version like 2 months later
- awful marketing/advertising, it is a bit better this time but still sucks
- phone names, phones feature names, Samsung have nailed this area and doesn't sound anywhere as confusing as the likes of HTC = desire, sensation, one S, X, V, XL and now the "one"

I have no doubt that it will be the same again this year with the one VS GS 4 i.e. GS 4 will have better specs overall and be a more "complete package", not necessarily a "better" phone and will sell millions more.

Just having a look at all the news site and pretty much every top article is to do with the GS 4/samsung, then had a look on gsmarena:

ipplco.png

Phone isn't even announced yet! marketing + lots of hype = profit! :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom