***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
Guys what is the verdict on this deal?

Plus 4 months FREE line rental (by redemption discount worth £144.00!)
Plus 750MB Data
Plus Inclusive Orange Swapable
Plus Unlimited Text Messages
Phone and price plan details
Minutes 400 per month -
Texts Unlimited per month -
Monthly £36.00
£36 FREE per handset
for 4 months
Price plan Panther 36 -
Phone price FREE HTC One Black -
Term 18 months -

Thinking of picking it up tomorrow

edit:

or this one:
Plus HTC One Silver - Available today FREE!
Plus 1GB Data
Minutes 600 per month -
Monthly £36.00 £36
per handset
per month
Price plan Panther 41 NOW £36 -
Phone price FREE HTC One Black-
Term 18 months -

I have the exact same deal, the bottom deal that is. Excellent deal since it's 18 month.

Associate
Yeah I am having a hard time justifying the purchase either of the phones tbph, there just isn't enough of an upgrade overall for £400+

Hopefully the X phone will be even better and cost less than £400! :p

I really liked the One S so I can understand how the One and the S4 aren't really worth the £400+ upgrade. TBH I would be happy with the One S even after using the One for a few months now.

The only things better on the One are the screen (which is awesome), better low light camera ability, newer sense features like the zoe, speakers (don't really use them that much tbh) and the storage.

I also prefer the design of the S for some reason as it was so thin and nice to hold for me.

Pretty interesting that amazon have the s4 for 450 now, must have felt the One was pretty serious competition for samsung to lower the price from the initial 529(?) original price! (The one is 488.50 on the same site for reference)

Soldato
I got mine back from repair today. I went down the route of sending it to EE rather than off to HTC (dunno if it would have made a difference either way though, tbh).

The original issue with that the screen was popping out of the bezel on the left hand side. It seems they've replaced the screen AND fixed the gap I had at the top and bottom. It's perfect now.

Caporegime
I really liked the One S so I can understand how the One and the S4 aren't really worth the £400+ upgrade. TBH I would be happy with the One S even after using the One for a few months now.

The only things better on the One are the screen (which is awesome), better low light camera ability, newer sense features like the zoe, speakers (don't really use them that much tbh) and the storage.

I also prefer the design of the S for some reason as it was so thin and nice to hold for me.

Pretty interesting that amazon have the s4 for 450 now, must have felt the One was pretty serious competition for samsung to lower the price from the initial 529(?) original price! (The one is 488.50 on the same site for reference)

Yeah the main big attractions of the one for me are:

- speakers
- camera overall (mainly the OIS, audio recording + low light ability)
- screen in terms of res. and size

Likewise, I think HTC were very stupid to have dropped the one S/X design completely, imo the one S is still the best looking phone "overall".

I originally thought it was due to this:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_electornics_market_value_is_down_by_6_or_12_billion_-news-6178.php

But then checked other sites and the price is still £500+ :confused:

Must just be an amazon thing.

Soldato
Guys what is the verdict on this deal?

Plus 4 months FREE line rental (by redemption discount worth £144.00!)
Plus 750MB Data
Minutes 400 per month -
Monthly £36.00
£36 FREE per handset
for 4 months
Price plan Panther 36 -
Phone price FREE HTC One Black -
Term 18 months -

Thinking of picking it up tomorrow

edit:

or this one:
Plus HTC One Silver - Available today FREE!
Plus 1GB Data
Minutes 600 per month -
Monthly £36.00 £36
per handset
per month
Price plan Panther 41 NOW £36 -
Phone price FREE HTC One Black-
Term 18 months -

Its not a bad deal £12 cheaper than me buying simfree and using my £10 a month sim only plan over the same period but obviously not tied into anything

Associate
Bit of an odd issue with my phone this morning. Noticed that mobile data wasn't appearing in the notification bar, went to the settings and it was switched on but saying data unavailable. Rebooted the phone, data comes back, but the battery has dropped from 40+% to 16% during this reboot.

Any one else had this sort of thing happen? The data drop/reboot has occured once before, but not the battery drop.

Hopefully just a one off! Cheers folks :)

Associate
I have an HTC One Orange Swapables problem or two!

The first problem is that The Times does not appear in the list of Swapables to select even though the HTC One is compatible. Orange tell me the next HTC One software update may solve the problem. I doubt it, but Orange can't seem to motivate themselves "to bother their backsides" with this issue.

The second is that I have set up the Sky Sports Swapable and the quality of the service is so bad it's not a service. It is either buffering or blotchy! It's not my Wifi as Orange suggest as BBC iPlayer, CatchupTV and Youtube are all perfect.

The third problem is that whenever I try to connect over Wifi the Sky Sports Swapable asks me to fill in my phone number so they can text me a link to use over Wifi. The texts often arrive up to 12 hours later or not at all!

Any advice or comments would be much appreciated!

Soldato
Been offered a "Black" replacement as my silver has gaps?

Black does look rather slick :)

Anyone else got back and like it?

EDIT: Sticking with silver, read stories of easy scratching and silver showing through etc

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I was a bit lazy and never changed it from my iPhone 4 s so dropped it on the Sunday, had to register it and wait a while then place the claim in, glass floating around the screen and my ear got too much :)

Just hope the one they send out is not full of gaps and fault, the one I sent back had a slight buzzing sound when I had the volume on highest so hoping the replacement won't be the same

I'd be more worried about them spotting you posting about insurance fraud in a public internet forum. :)

Associate
Its not a bad deal £12 cheaper than me buying simfree and using my £10 a month sim only plan over the same period but obviously not tied into anything

Yeah I was considering just getting it simfree and getting a giff-gaff sim but I want to get back on Orange's network and the fact I don't have to pay it all off at once is pretty nice..

Associate
Just a quick update in relation to my camera issue with my One and the ongoing investigation with the solution.

I've just spoken to HTC (I had to call them as they have still not called me back and it's been over 2 weeks now!) and the chap on the phone confirmed to me that despite the investigation still being carried out by the developers and HTC's technical arm, they have acknowledged that the blurry camera issue is down to the software i.e. the firmware and that a fix would be applied with a new firmware update in the near future. When I asked him whether this new firmware version would be 4.2.2 he could not confirm it but he wouldn't be surprised.

Not exactly the reply I was looking for but in a way I'm not the least but surprised that they have put the problem down with the software. When the official 4.2.2 update is released we will see if it fixes the issue.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom