***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Did everyone who's rooted their Sensation follow step 3 in the S-OFF guide called 'Step 3. To permanently root your Sensation'?

If custom roms are already rooted I don't NEED to follow step 3 do I?

I rooted mine first of all so I could do a full backup of my messages etc (the backup software needs root access), but if you are just installing a custom rom and don't need to back stuff up then there is no need to root it AFAIK.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK thanks. :)

Noob question now. :o I'm having trouble getting into the bootloader screen. Do I press the volume down button then press the power button? :p I get it right sometimes but I can't get it right two times in a row. :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Yeah I had that problem. Make sure you have 'fast boot' disabled. I found it easier to get into the HBOOT screen when the phone is not connected to USB for some reason. Just hold the vol down button, then hold the power button, and keep holding them until the bootloader appears.

EDIT: When you first boot your phone after installing the rom it takes a LONG time to boot. Mine just sat at the 'beats audio' logo for over a minute. I was scared that I had bricked it, but just as I was about to yank the battery it sprang into life :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I had that problem. Make sure you have 'fast boot' disabled. I found it easier to get into the HBOOT screen when the phone is not connected to USB for some reason. Just hold the vol down button, then hold the power button, and keep holding them until the bootloader appears.

EDIT: When you first boot your phone after installing the rom it takes a LONG time to boot. Mine just sat at the 'beats audio' logo for over a minute. I was scared that I had bricked it, but just as I was about to yank the battery it sprang into life :eek:
Yeah fast boot is disabled. It took me a few goes to realise that one. Phone is now running the Super Wipe script. :)

Get a app called Quick Boot from the market. It'll boot you straight into Recovery, or whatever.
I remember that app from my Magic days. I'll get that when the Android Revolution HD ROM has been applied.

Associate
If you don't know what you are doing and are following a guide, DO WHAT THE GUIDE SAYS AND YES THAT MEANS EVERY STEP.

Drexel the clock speed can be reduced without harming the phone daemon controller should already be installed to do that, if you want to, I have reduced mine and works just as well I dont play games so nothing taxes the phone.

Permabanned
Noob question now. :o I'm having trouble getting into the bootloader screen. Do I press the volume down button then press the power button? :p I get it right sometimes but I can't get it right two times in a row. :D

As the phone is hibernating, you have to take the battery out, reinsert to get into the bootloader with Volume Down and Power.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Something else I've noticed since installing this rom, charging over USB from a PC is extremely slow. I put it on charge last night at 50%, and this morning (9 hours later), it's still not fully charged, it's currently at 93% :confused:

It's fine when charging from the wall charger :/

Soldato
One thing I noticed from very early on was that backing up and restoring apps didn't always work. Sometimes they corrupted and something stayed running causing high battery and the phone to get really hot. Now I manually download them after again or let google sync them so google reloads them on the new Rom.

On a side note I read a lot about anker batteries and always dismissed them as after market rubbish. Anyway after getting fedup of having to change batteries due to heavy usage I thought is give them a go and bought one for mine and one for my wifes phone and they are brilliant. Only about 15 quid and easily last me all day now.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I didn't restore any of my apps, only messages and contacts. The heat issue is pretty much gone now, but battery life and charging is erratic, but I've just read that you are supposed to charge to 100% then wipe the battery stats in recovery mode. I didn't do this, so I'm currently charging to 100% then I'll wipe the stats to see if it helps.

I'll certainly give one of those Anker batteries a go though, I've read nothing but good things about them.

Soldato
The battery stats aren't as simple as that, you may well cause more battery problems if you try. Just use the phone as normal and android will work out the battery after a week or two. I haven tried Revolution HD but if you want to try another Rom in the future give Bulletproof a go, lots of people are coming to it from the more popular Roms.

Permabanned
Using the latest Bricked kernel so my phone is at 1.72ghz.

I've noticed a huge difference in the framerate for 1080p videos. It's a lot smoother now. Also using the Bluray Camera mod so it records at 40mbps instead of 10mbps.

Very happy now.

Soldato
My phone is now running Android Revolution HD. My word I can see what people mean about smooth and instant scrolling. I saw people saying the stock ROM was quite poor but I was pretty happy with it. Then again I did get my Sensation after the HTC Magic which got a bit slow at the end so anything would have been faster and smoother. Now though the Sensation is like a hot knife through almost melted butter. :p

The display does seem a bit dark, even with full brightness. I think its the saturation of the colours on the wallpaper. I might have to try another wallpaper as I've only ever had the default wallpaper on my Sensation.

Back
Top Bottom