***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Ok, I've never installed a custom ROM. I've sucessfully 'S-OFF' and installed 'recovery v5.0.0.8'. What's this 'super wipe' script I have to run? Presumably all my apps, settings, messages, pics/music, contacts etc will be gone?

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, I've never installed a custom ROM. I've sucessfully 'S-OFF' and installed 'recovery v5.0.0.8'. What's this 'super wipe' script I have to run? Presumably all my apps, settings, messages, pics/music, contacts etc will be gone?

Make sure you do a NAND backup before wiping it, from within recovery. And yes you will lose everything.

What ROM have you chosen?

Soldato
Get Titanium Backup from the Market to backup (Use Batch) all your installed programs. I dont both backing up system data. Theres loads of apps to backup messages, contacts should be backed up on Google assuming you sync'd correctly. Pics/Music is stored on your SD card so they will stay

Now copy the ROM to your SD card, reboot into recovery, do a full backup, just incase. Run the superwipe script, now flash the rom and reboot.

When you've rebooted and setup, reinstall Titanium backup and restore your apps. They'll be exactly as they were inc all your settings and stuff.

Soldato
If you fancy playing around with a few roms without to much hassle, buy Boot Manager. It allows you to install a rom on your SD and boot it from there, so you can have upto 5 different roms.

Great for testing first, before you use it as your main on your NAND.

Associate
Drexel, if you want a smooth scrolling rom, use one that uses the smooth rosie mods. The mod removes the 3D effect from HTC's widgets. Trust me, it's SUPER smooth without it.

InsertCoin rom seems the best that I've tried. Stock kernel, HTC Amaze Camera, Smooth Rosie, no serious bloat. Lots of addons if you want them, like the Beats Audio mod.

Of course, give a few roms a go, but I have tried LOADS! Amaze cam is superb (only works properly with stock kernel).

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
[SKR]Phoenix;20430860 said:
Drexel, if you want a smooth scrolling rom, use one that uses the smooth rosie mods. The mod removes the 3D effect from HTC's widgets. Trust me, it's SUPER smooth without it.

This new GPU accelerated Android revolution HD has already made it lovely and smooth, even keeping the stock 3D HTC sense launcher. Seems great so far :cool:

Soldato
Reading the feature set on Android Revolution HD, seems like a really awesome ROM and makes the phone what it should have been to start with. Including GPU UI acceleration as Drexel mentioned which HTC should have implemented themselves...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Reading the feature set on Android Revolution HD, seems like a really awesome ROM and makes the phone what it should have been to start with. Including GPU UI acceleration as Drexel mentioned which HTC should have implemented themselves...

Indeed, it just seems to make the phone what it should have been in the first place. It is really slick now, the 3D elements in Sense are lovely and smooth. It's crazy that HTC didn't implement GPU acceleration in the first place :confused:

Back
Top Bottom