• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can some one explain why Tory have kept a lot of votes considering food banks usage are at the highest they've ever been with zero hour contracts on the rise and bedroom tax hitting the poorest people in society.

Have people been convinced by murdochs media elite

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not a fan of democracy you're right.

WE don't have it

And we wouldn't have it under proportional rep.

You can lay blame on the system all you want but there are a lot more voters who don't vote than vote ukip. Many people voted to make sure ukip didn't get it. that would happen under prop rep too.

We'd still need 500 people in parliament how would those people be decided via prop rep? It would be regionally decided which will of course not be prop rep and not change a damned thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can some one explain why Tory have kept a lot of votes considering food banks usage are at the highest they've ever been with zero hour contracts on the rise and bedroom tax hitting the poorest people in society.

Have people been convinced by murdochs media elite?

Perhaps the people it affects the most are in Labour constituencies, no idea really :confused:

Associate

Because "I'm alright, Jack" is now a political philosophy.

And yes, Murdoch and the rest of the media probably helped.

Soldato
Problem is that some people want Chuka Umunna to be the next leader. It'll go down well with the lovey metropolitan elite in the London Boroughs but they forget a great chunk of Labour supporters are white working class in the North and would a bigger chunk of them

You could have a turnip as Labour party leader, and the people up here would still vote in Labour, it's institutionalized.

Man of Honour
So you think its a good system where the DUP can get 8 MPs from 184,260 total votes taken and ukip get 1 MP from 3,773,402 votes?

You are clearly not a fan of democracy if you think that is anywhere near right.

The current system is totally skewed towards the two big parties. Why do you think they hate reform?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results

May be UKip need to go bit more niche and focus on a particular area? perhaps they should be thepooruneducatedridlledwithracistsseasidetownip

Soldato
Now that Ed Balls out of the picture, Yevette Cooper maybe a player in the leadership contest.

If they've learnt anything about the Miliband Saga is, the electioneering needs an X Factor scale in it (screw the policies!) and she will ticks the box for looks, gender and story. Negative would be, she might as well rename the New Labour Party Lory (Labour/Tory).

Soldato

Hooray Henry! I'm alright Jack. People unable to look at the facts for themselves and believing the words coming out of the mouths of the Tory party members.

Suspended
You would lose local mps that would be a shame.

The only other option is to count nationally and locally then put in the MPs locally where they had the most votes. And then a fair few areas getting their 2nd choice mp representing them to even out the national average.

I realise that and I am not sure what the answer is. My preference would be to implement a system that is absolutely fair and work out how local representation might work after. There must be some way of doing it.

Soldato

Min wage is on the rise as well as tax free allowance, essentially if your in work your going to be better off.

There just arnt enough people who fall foul of the benefit restrictions to make a change.

Back
Top Bottom