• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can you quantify that? as personally I'm better off than a few years ago having not had a pay rise in 3 years.

Food banks are an interesting subject, they enable the less responsible to put less emphasis on there food shopping. (generalising there, im under no illusion that people do not need food banks) however would the same people who now use food banks have used a soup kitchen a few years back or would the stigma attached to the soup kitchen have put them off.

It's sort of sad that we're even discussing this given we live under an economic system which ensures there are always more people than available jobs. People shouldn't be treated as subhuman and incapable of responsibility when not being able to find stable work is an inevitability.

Caporegime
Hmm what's that salty smell is it the tears of a moron?
I think it is!

The mistake you've made is the assumption that a lot of right-wingers who've never been to a food bank make; that they just hand out food to anyone who turns up. They don't - for starters you need to be referred to a food bank by a doctor, social services etc.

Soldato
I'm not entitled to any benefits or state support either. I've benefited from the last coalitions policies, to the point that i'm better off now than i've ever been. Even the change in stamp duty came in at a perfect time, so that's a fairly large saving i've made right away.

For someone to say 'Everyone is worse off' is just wrong.

Yea, I was sort of agreeing with you, while qualifying that with not everything is the Governments fault or credit :)

Soldato
Honestly, despite my distaste for UKIP, I think it's a travesty that UKIP will have just one MP on the back of 12% of the votes and being the third biggest party by votes.

As I said previously. I genuinely hope Farage stays on.

Soldato
We were the fastest growing, until the figures were recently revised downwards

You do realise Osborne stopped the austerity plan about 2 years in because the economy was tanking and went back to borrowing and spending, hence the growth spurt we did get.

That was called the Euro crisis so good on him to react to that at the time.

Yes the last figures weren't as good as those before but we cant have a runaway economy otherwise people be then start complaining about inflation

As stated before I think whatever happened the facts are the economy has been handled well and would trust anyone in the Labour party with my kids pocket money.

Back
Top Bottom