• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I'll be surprised if Nigel actually steps down as leader, I'm sure they'll spin it that his party/supporters want him to remain as the face of UKIP and on that ground he will continue to lead them.

Caporegime
Genuinely heart broken at another four years of the Conservatives. I think it will mean the end of the NHS as we know it to be honest, and many other services.

Sad to see Ed resign, always came across as a good bloke. Fantastic to see fascist Farage get nothing out of the election.

Personally, all this speeds up my plans to move away from Britain.

Caporegime
Farage lost, great news!

Hopefully, he'll stick to his word and quit and the one trick Pony of his party - which has benefited so much from his fronting - will become an irrelevance.

I think another issue is the tory vote turns out. Many Labour supporters say they'll vote Labour, but don't turn up on polling day because they place less importance on politics.

Very true.

I live in a staunch Labour area, my estate especially, I asked a few of my neighbours yesterday if they were voting, three out of four said no yet they had "Vote Labour" banners in their windows!

When I asked why they supported but didn't vote, they said they didn't need to as its a Labour given around here.

The Local Labour MP held on by under 800 votes, with this attitude amongst his support, I'm surprised he didn't lose!

Soldato
That was called the Euro crisis so good on him to react to that at the time.

Yes the last figures weren't as good as those before but we cant have a runaway economy otherwise people be then start complaining about inflation

As stated before I think whatever happened the facts are the economy has been handled well and would trust anyone in the Labour party with my kids pocket money.

Except you do realise we are at the point Alistair Darling (and Labour) said we should be on the deficit after 5 years ie: 50% down, not what Osborne and Cameron said was a cast iron guarantee (No ifs, No buts) that they would eliminate the deficit in 1 term.

And they said we should judge them on that record.

They know they can talk ***** because the electorate has the memory of a goldfish

Man of Honour
Well a huge blow to change of system today. with LD voters hammering them and leaving in droves, how is PR going to work, small parties will be to scared to do what is actually needed for the best of the country.

Soldato
So UKIP should get the Kirkcaldy seat for example just because they have more voters somewhere down in in England? :rolleyes:

I believe all the parties should get a proportion of seats in parliament equal to their share of the vote. I also think that since we've gone down a road of devolvement that the number of seats in parliament should be reduced.

Back
Top Bottom