• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Honestly, despite my distaste for UKIP, I think it's a travesty that UKIP will have just one MP on the back of 12% of the votes and being the third biggest party by votes.

As I said previously. I genuinely hope Farage stays on.

Me too. The system is broken.

The SNP will get 56 MPs with 5% of the popular vote. UKIP and the Lib Dems have less than 10 MPs between them and they have polled 20%+ nationally.

The system we have now encourages geographical based divisive politics. I expect to see much more of it unless we get electoral reform. It's no way to run a country.

PR would solve the constitutional crisis overnight

Last edited:
Caporegime
As much as I am delighted to see Farage and Reckless lose, and having only 1 UKIP MP meets my biases; I think they've been absolutely robbed and it's a disgrace that they can get 3.8 million votes and only get one seat. They deserve far more representation than that.

Man of Honour
There's not a small party that exists which wouldn't be better represented in parliament under PR.

I didn't say otherwise. PR leads to coalitions. Small parties aren't going to suddenly get a majority.
With what LD voters have done. Which party in there right mind would want to form a coalition under PR.
I suppose we could go a bit like Italy a free for all, very unstable can't pass anything government.

Soldato
I'll be surprised if Nigel actually steps down as leader, I'm sure they'll spin it that his party/supporters want him to remain as the face of UKIP and on that ground he will continue to lead them.

He's a politician and he'll weasle out of earlier statements of resigning.

He is still a MEP so he won't go short of a few pence.

Soldato
Except you do realise we are at the point Alistair Darling (and Labour) said we should be on the deficit after 5 years ie: 50% down, not what Osborne and Cameron said was a cast iron guarantee (No ifs, No buts) that they would eliminate the deficit in 1 term.

And they said we should judge them on that record.

They know they can talk ***** because the electorate has the memory of a goldfish

So if I said to my project manager I'll get something done by a certain date but half way through theres a failure in a system - guess what you have to move to a planB because things change.

Regardless if they had cut the deficit you'd be moaning about that aswell. Each to their own I guess but the electorate has just judged them on their record and from the numbers it looks like an approval

Soldato
well the votes on here don't surprise me as this place as always been a bed of conservative support.

I was honestly banking on another hung parliament. Its a shame that this system works and more of the boys from Eton (aka the Charity school) will be having the driving force on what happens.

As someone who voted for the alternative vote, I think that I agree with the smaller parties that are going to be calling for another referendum. AV is more democratic but the FPTP is there to serve large parties.

After all the scandals we have seen from the Tories:
- £250,000 donation being a "Premier League" meal with David Cameron
- Failing to achieve anything like a cap on immigration
- Raising VAT despite promising not to
- Failed on the debt promise
- Failing tax evasion promises
- Rising rent prices
- zero hours contracts
- cutting tax for their chums
- NHS waiting times have spiralled out of control (I myself waited 6hrs in A&E to be seen!!!)
- Nurses losing jobs
- Privatisation of schools through "Academy" programmes
- God Damn tuition fees!!!! University should be far far cheaper
- Bedroom tax
- Lying about the promise to give fathers equal rights in family court then going back on his word after a private letter from the triumvirate of Mumsnet, Womens Aid and Gingerbread
- Food bank use (I pay £5 a week from a weekly shop and donate the £5 worth of products to food banks and I've seen the people who use them... from all walks of life... thank god food bank use will rise)

I think also worthy of note is the crap that the conservatives spout on about the job creation... if people have been looking for jobs you will find these jobs are 5 hours a week, 10hrs a week. Its a dressed up system.

Conservatives... a party of the rich (the richest Government we've ever had in fact), for the rich (by cutting big business tax, rich people tax and allowing evasion) and by the rich (50% of party funding comes from big business I've heard on the grape vine).

What a pity.

Back
Top Bottom