Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Great, another 5 years of misery!!

The SNP surge is terrifying. If they pull that off in next years Scottish government elections they can do what they like and before we know it bye bye UK. The voting system badly needs changing. They only got 50% of the votes yet took 56 out of 59 seats. It's ridiculous when your vote is only worth 0.246 of a vote and hardly makes it worth while voting.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Boris is wonderful. I've met him twice and he has incredible presence. He is often described as being a bit dense, but he is hugely intelligent. And very funny.

And incredibly lazy, every time he's interviewed on LBC he knows Ferrari will ask for details of 'his' projects and rough numbers reg. city investments, and even now, seven years on, he's still too lazy to read and know them before entering the studio...

Soldato
Gezz, some of you lefties are a bunch of sour lemons this morning, why can't you be gracious in defeat like Ed Balls? No SNP in government, no George Galloway, no Nigel Farage or UKIP surge it's not all bad news.

Now for the big questions. Will Paddy 'Pants Down' Ashdown eat his hat?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
When you see that house of cards presentation about Lib Dems, its amazing just how much of a destruction they have suffered. They've literally been almost wiped out as a party.

Caporegime
Is anyone else impressed with how accurate the exit poll was? I would love to understand the mechanics behind it - very accurate indeed.

I was very impressed and surprised by it, I thought the pre election opinion polls were wrong, and they appear to have been consistently so, not sure how the exit poll got it so right!

What I want to see now is Ashdown eating his hat, although I guess he'll wriggle out of it by claiming the exit poll was indeed wrong, it appears that the Lib Dems have won even fewer seats than even that poll suggested! :p

Soldato
Genuinely heart broken at another four years of the Conservatives. I think it will mean the end of the NHS as we know it to be honest, and many other services.

Agree whole heartedly with this (except it's five years /shudder).

Sad to see Ed resign, always came across as a good bloke.

Probably the nicest most well intentioned guy to ever run for PM, sadly the newspapers told everyone he was a fool and his party failed to address it :(

Caporegime
Unconfirmed reports of 'shrieked obscenities' and 'muffled weeping' behind closed doors at UKIP HQ, as Nigel Farage is totally destroyed by his Tory rival, suffering what some commentators have already described as 'the most humiliating defeat in British politics':

Mark Reckless has lost the seat he held for UKIP in Rochester and Strood to the Conservatives and party leader, Nigel Farage, has failed to be elected in South Thanet.

(Source).

Ding, dong, the wicked witch is dead!

:D

Soldato
1549465_10153765492431494_1200502544871556615_n.jpg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Well, Balls getting kicked out and Farage not being elected is at least two reasons to celebrate in the midst of otherwise depressing results!

Caporegime
Didn't Labour actually introduce the "bedroom tax", but only in the private sector, the Coalition extended it to include social housing?

Indeed they did, the coalition extended it to where it should be, in social housing, if your living off the state and have empty room then it's right you should give that room to a more needy family and downsize or pay a penalty which is effectively an incentive to downsize.

It's Harsh, I most certainly agree, but ultimately there for a good reason.

Back
Top Bottom