• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Indeed they did, the coalition extended it to where it should be, in social housing, if your living off the state and have empty room then it's right you should give that room to a more needy family and downsize or pay a penalty which is effectively an incentive to downsize.

It's Harsh, I most certainly agree, but ultimately there for a good reason.

It's actually fine in theory, but not fine when there's no stock of smaller accommodation to downsize into.

Soldato
Bet he regrets saying this on Monday :D

Nick Clegg said:
I've never met a senior Conservative who's told me privately they think they're going to win this election outright. They're now basically communicating a big, fat fib that they are going to win a majority with 23 seats. They're not. They need 323 seats. They're not going to get 323 seats. Everybody knows that

D13

D13

Associate
Very sad to see Farage didn't win in Thanet.
He pretty much single handedly convinced me that there was something to vote for, that there was a chance at change, pretty naive of me in reflection.

Regardless it wasn't to be, thanks for giving it you're all Nigel.

Soldato
Looking at these results, I suspect the surge of nationalism that wiped out Labour/LibDems in Scotland also explains the gains of the Tories in England (many undecided voters probably chose them the counter the SNP).

Soldato
Great, another 5 years of misery!!

The SNP surge is terrifying. If they pull that off in next years Scottish government elections they can do what they like and before we know it bye bye UK. The voting system badly needs changing. They only got 50% of the votes yet took 56 out of 59 seats. It's ridiculous when your vote is only worth 0.246 of a vote and hardly makes it worth while voting.

DUP have 25% of the vote in Northern Ireland and 44% of their seats, can you stop being alarmist.

Tories <40% of the vote and >50% of the seats. If anything the SNP result is the least skewed.

The SNP will lose a lot next time around, Labour have been cleared out and will get fresh blood in.

Soldato
It's still impossible for too many young people to star families and buy houses. The banks are still taking the **** and the NHS is still a mess. Oh and Cameron's hug a hoodie scheme went out the windows and we no longer seem to have the stomach to deal with social issues.

In 5 years life will be a lot worse for the majority people, better for some and a lot better for a few.

Soldato
None of the parties (that I know of) are bothering with one of my most wanted things - finish the flipping metrication of the country. Our almost-completed change is crazy that it's been dragging on for 50 years.

I know, it's taken miles too long to get that sorted.

Caporegime
With millions of votes, UKIP get one seat and lose their leader.

You guys have a great system!

And the AV referendum will be used to show "support" for the system for the foreseeable future.

It's informative to see how many people actually fell for that.

Well, perhaps some will be honest and admit they like FPTP as it gives their party the edge?

Soldato
Looking at these results, I suspect the surge of nationalism that wiped out Labour/LibDems in Scotland also explains the gains of the Tories in England (many undecided voters probably chose them the counter the SNP).

Voting for the SNP doesn't make you a nationalist, it makes you an SNP voter. I'm no nationalist, just what alternatives do I have? Labour in Scotland? You're having a laugh mate.

Soldato
Very sad to see Farage didn't win in Thanet.
He pretty much single handedly convinced me that there was something to vote for, that there was a chance at change, pretty naive of me in reflection.

Regardless it wasn't to be, thanks for giving it you're all Nigel.

A chance of change, from a party made up of disenfranchised ex Tories who left because they weren't conservative enough? Not exactly that different is it really....

Back
Top Bottom