• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Indeed they did, the coalition extended it to where it should be, in social housing, if your living off the state and have empty room then it's right you should give that room to a more needy family and downsize or pay a penalty which is effectively an incentive to downsize.

It's Harsh, I most certainly agree, but ultimately there for a good reason.

It's actually fine in theory, but not fine when there's no stock of smaller accommodation to downsize into.

Oh, and it's also not fine when you exempt Pensioners living in big family council houses simply because they are mostly Tory voters.

Soldato
Really pleased to see the lib dems trashed, didn't expect labour to do quite so badly, but they have lurched too far to the left.
They need to ditch the unions and rebrand, but with out the Tories going more right wing, its hard to see why labour exist.

Soldato
It's still impossible for too many young people to star families and buy houses. The banks are still taking the **** and the NHS is still a mess. Oh and Cameron's hug a hoodie scheme went out the windows and we no longer seem to have the stomach to deal with social issues.

In 5 years life will be a lot worse for the majority people, better for some and a lot better for a few.

Then next time we'll have a hung parliament or labour in, but right now this is what was voted for by the UK electorate who bothered to vote.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I find it quite amazing how simple people think it is to run a country, especially one in the state it was in when the conservatives took over.

All the labour supporters bashing the conservatives record seem to completely ignore the mess that labour created (which I assume was all part of the plan because parties only ever fail to deliver on their plans intentionally right?).

We embarked on a hugely expensive campaign in iraq and afghanistan that has cost the country massive amounts of money and lives and ultimately lead to an increase in fanaticism. Their policy of spend spend spend without any thoughts of the future meant that things like welfare and the NHS were left in completely unsustainable states. They did nothing to curb bankers bonuses, the financial markets running riot or the housing market booming artificially due to easy credit.

All these things happened on labours time yet apparently it should have been the easiest thing in the world to fix all these things whilst running on a reduced budget. All of the above directly affect the public purse yet some think that we can fix them without having to make cuts.

The NHS isn't going to fail because of the Tories, its going to fail because its inevitable. It cannot function in the capacity it currently does because we have an ageing, unhealthy population that doesn't care about their own health and thinks that the NHS should give them the absolute best treatment available ignoring the fact that they are the entire cause of their illness. When people are getting overweight to the point of being unable to work, require huge amounts of hospital treatment and still don't lose the weight you have a serious issue.

No party is perfect, the country is not perfect, the world is not perfect and unfortunately they are all factors that effect how you run a country. The conservatives have not done everything right and they are not perfect but they are the best option at the moment in my eyes.

Last edited:
Associate
Very sad to see Farage didn't win in Thanet.
He pretty much single handedly convinced me that there was something to vote for, that there was a chance at change, pretty naive of me in reflection.

Regardless it wasn't to be, thanks for giving it you're all Nigel.

See, I wasn't particularly fond of UKIP, but I saw that there actually a genuine chance of a party breaking through the 2 party system. Essentially we've become like the yanks.

Though if people are stupid enough to allow themselves to be corraled into choosing red/blue, then hey.

Soldato
God help us, not enough under privileged voting, thanks guys :rolleyes:, people will regret this, Cons will just this is a an endorsement to make ridiculous cuts, further 25 billion on welfare was it? He never did really want to say how he was going to archive that, guess we're find out now.

This is the thing, I'm thoroughly opposed to the Conservative party's policies, but it's surprisingly relieving to know the results are in and we just now have to wait and see how it goes.

If the economy continues to flounder and the NHS changes really start affecting treatment (not just the staff as at present) I hope history judges the Torys fairly.

Soldato
I find it quite amazing how simple people think it is to run a country, especially one in the state it was in when the conservatives took over.

All the labour supporters bashing the conservatives record seem to completely ignore the mess that labour created (which I assume was all part of the plan because parties only ever fail to deliver on their plans intentionally right?).

We embarked on a hugely expensive campaign in iraq and afghanistan that has cost the country massive amounts of money and lives and ultimately lead to an increase in fanaticism. Their policy of spend spend spend without any thoughts of the future meant that things like welfare and the NHS were left in completely unsustainable states. They did nothing to curb bankers bonuses, the financial markets running riot or the housing market booming artificially due to easy credit.

All these things happened on labours time yet apparently it should have been the easiest thing in the world to fix all these things whilst running on a reduced budget. All of the above directly affect the public purse yet some think that we can fix them without having to make cuts.

The NHS isn't going to fail because of the Tories, its going to fail because its inevitable. It cannot function in the capacity it currently does because we have an ageing, unhealthy population that doesn't care about their own health and thinks that the NHS should give them the absolute best treatment available ignoring the fact that they are the entire cause of their illness. When people are getting overweight to the point of being unable to work, require huge amounts of hospital treatment and still don't lose the weight you have a serious issue.

No party is perfect, the country is not perfect, the world is not perfect and unfortunately they are all factors that effect how you run a country. The conservatives have not done everything right and they are not perfect but they are the best option at the moment in my eyes.

Fez you seem to be glossing over that the tories supported both the Iraq war and Afghanistan troop deployments, the "mess labour created" would have still been there, albeit slightly smaller under the tories as it was a global crash.

Iraq war:
244 Labour Party members voted in favour (and tabled the motion), as did 139 Conservative Party members
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_MPs_who_voted_for_Iraq_War

Afghanistan:
The motion was passed by 310 votes to 14.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11248603

Soldato
My facebook news feed:

Yesterday: "Don't care who you vote for, just do your duty and vote"
Today: "How ****ing dare you, exercising your democratic right to vote, by voting for the Tory and UKIP scum, and not voting for who I wanted you to vote for".

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom