• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Then next time we'll have a hung parliament or labour in, but right now this is what was voted for by the UK electorate who bothered to vote.

I think in five years the party that says they will get toughest on crime could win by a landslide. Promise to build a few new prisons and those people that do bother to vote will probably be all over it.

Soldato
Really disappointed we will have a majority government it's the one outcome I didn't want who ever held it. Coalition politics moderates the extremes of our parties the Liberals stopped the worst excesses of the Tory party during the last parliament, this time we will get to see the real conservative party starting with the snoopers charter and quickly chased up with an in/out referendum on Europe which will bring the euro sceptic back benchers crawling t the fore.

Soldato
I find it quite amazing how simple people think it is to run a country, especially one in the state it was in when the conservatives took over.

All the labour supporters bashing the conservatives record seem to completely ignore the mess that labour created (which I assume was all part of the plan because parties only ever fail to deliver on their plans intentionally right?).

We embarked on a hugely expensive campaign in iraq and afghanistan that has cost the country massive amounts of money and lives and ultimately lead to an increase in fanaticism. Their policy of spend spend spend without any thoughts of the future meant that things like welfare and the NHS were left in completely unsustainable states. They did nothing to curb bankers bonuses, the financial markets running riot or the housing market booming artificially due to easy credit.

All these things happened on labours time yet apparently it should have been the easiest thing in the world to fix all these things whilst running on a reduced budget. All of the above directly affect the public purse yet some think that we can fix them without having to make cuts.

The NHS isn't going to fail because of the Tories, its going to fail because its inevitable. It cannot function in the capacity it currently does because we have an ageing, unhealthy population that doesn't care about their own health and thinks that the NHS should give them the absolute best treatment available ignoring the fact that they are the entire cause of their illness. When people are getting overweight to the point of being unable to work, require huge amounts of hospital treatment and still don't lose the weight you have a serious issue.

No party is perfect, the country is not perfect, the world is not perfect and unfortunately they are all factors that effect how you run a country. The conservatives have not done everything right and they are not perfect but they are the best option at the moment in my eyes.

The financial crisis was not created by Labour, the wars were supported by everyone, 'spend spend spend' was actually a balanced budget (until the crisis hit), the cuts were implemented in 2010, killed growth and were rolled back in 2012 and growth resumed. Etc etc.

Except the last paragraph, everything you've said is wrong.

Associate
I find it quite amazing how simple people think it is to run a country, especially one in the state it was in when the conservatives took over.

All the labour supporters bashing the conservatives record seem to completely ignore the mess that labour created (which I assume was all part of the plan because parties only ever fail to deliver on their plans intentionally right?).

I find it quite amazing how simple you think it is to run a country, especially one in the midst of the worst global economic crisis since the 1920s.

Soldato
The NHS isn't going to fail because of the Tories, its going to fail because its inevitable.

Some good points in that post. I think though it's falling apart because it's been chronically underfunded. We had a very efficient system and spent less on it than many other developed countries. With simply a bump in funding it should have lasted us the rest of the century.

Instead the 2012 act has actually increased spending on management (due to tendering, pricing, charging, etc.), which it was meant to reduce, at the same time giving millions of pounds of taxpayer money to private providers with Tory members on their boards!

Soldato
The financial crisis was not created by Labour, the wars were supported by everyone, 'spend spend spend' was actually a balanced budget (until the crisis hit), the cuts were implemented in 2010, killed growth and were rolled back in 2012 and growth resumed. Etc etc.

Except the last paragraph, everything you've said is wrong.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom