• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Really disappointed we will have a majority government it's the one outcome I didn't want who ever held it. Coalition politics moderates the extremes of our parties the Liberals stopped the worst excesses of the Tory party during the last parliament, this time we will get to see the real conservative party starting with the snoopers charter and quickly chased up with an in/out referendum on Europe which will bring the euro sceptic back benchers crawling t the fore.

Totally agree. The lib dems although spineless at time did try to limit the extent of the Tories more extreme policies. Sadly the NHS is one area that I can see the Tories making a real hash of things. If this is the case, i think my wife and I would seriously consider emigrating to work.

Soldato
I think in five years the party that says they will get toughest on crime could win by a landslide. Promise to build a few new prisons and those people that do bother to vote will probably be all over it.

Why do you think that? Numbers of most crimes are at record lows, and have been decreasing since the 90s. Per capita the reduction is even steeper.

Soldato
Farage stands down.

Now the small print - taking a summer break and the will stand for leadership elections in September

This man apparently does not like double talking politicians !!!!!

Caporegime
Some good points in that post. I think though it's falling apart because it's been chronically underfunded. We had a very efficient system and spent less on it than many other developed countries. With simply a bump in funding it should have lasted us the rest of the century.

Instead the 2012 act has actually increased spending on management (due to tendering, pricing, charging, etc.), which it was meant to reduce, at the same time giving millions of pounds of taxpayer money to private providers with Tory members on their boards!

Well, in my own local area we have seen that outsourcing various council functions has delivered both job losses and an increase in the cost of providing said services.

Huge success.

However I know very well educated people inside the NHS who are fully behind its privatisation. Simply because the way it is currently run is so horribly inefficient. But will it get better, or worse? That's the question.

Suspended
Nobody complained over the decades when the establishment was battling, but as soon as the establishment is attacked its suddenly "evil".

The system is indeed crap, but you vote anyway.

What a silly comment. Of course they are going to vote; the electorate have to use the system in place, but that's not the same thing as accepting the system is proportional or fair. Reform is an entirely separate issue from voting, don't confuse them.

Back
Top Bottom