• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
The voting system has to be fair to everyone, you cannot fairly argue that the electorate in one country should have more influence than those in another if they have fewer voters; that's madness.

I agree but Scotland right now elects a proportionate number of MPs for it's population, it's just this time a vast majority are the same party which nobody else in the UK can vote for.

Scotland have around 10% of the UK population so should be allowed to elect around 10% of the MPs.

Soldato
He's consistent. He has always been about the democratic right to choose. If the UKIP members want Farage to stay shouldn't they have the right to re-elect him if that's what they want?

So you would have no issue with Cameron withdrawing the EU referendum, if he said the priority was the Union, Economic Recovery and EU Reform.

You can see how it works, your leader changed his mind so why can't Cameron ?

Soldato
Clegg's biggest mistake was probably putting the university fees up. He was never forgiven for that.

The Irony being he didn't do it the conservatives did, he couldn't secure tuition fee's as part of the coalition deal as he was a minority party with only about 1/6th of the seats!

I hope they manage to rebuild the party and I hope Clegg stands again an an MP in 5 years.

Soldato
However I know very well educated people inside the NHS who are fully behind its privatisation. Simply because the way it is currently run is so horribly inefficient. But will it get better, or worse? That's the question.

I'm sorry but I haven't the time to write a proper reply. If you or others are interested I'll leave this here:

Soldato
Do you have any standards at all ?

Now do you see Mr Farage is no different from other politicians, he's been in the game for over 20 years so I have never understood where people say he is a breath of fresh air.

He's chosen to resign because he promised to do so.

Milliband & Clegg have resigned ahead of being sacked by their parties as that looks better on a CV.

Soldato
To be honest, standing down and giving the party the option to re-hire seems perfectly honourable to me. It fits in with the "will of the people" shtick.

Thank you. That's what i'm getting at. And to be fair to me, i never ever said i liked Farage because he was different from other politician. i only ever liked UKIP because of it's policies.

Caporegime
3 party leaders resigning in one day.

Two leaders, one complete non leader.

Clegg IMO lead the Lib Dems well and knew when he went into coalition that he was putting country before party and for that, he has my respect.
I think history will judge Clegg far better than the 2015 electorate has chosen to do so.

Farage has my admiration for his ability to put UKIP where they are now, he is a visionary (albeit deluded) and I do think a man of principle.

Milliband on the other hand is none of the above, he would have been as much of a disaster as a Prime Minister as he's been as leader of the Labour Party, he's not the loss to his party that the other two are to theirs.

Back
Top Bottom