• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
He's consistent. He has always been about the democratic right to choose. If the UKIP members want Farage to stay shouldn't they have the right to re-elect him if that's what they want?

In the long run it's bad for the party. Most leaders step down and are replaced by somebody else who'll try something different, but UKIP seems to be so deficient in top-quality people that it's likely (certain?) to be Farage again.

The country seems to be happy with what he has done as well, hence why they have voted him in as a majority.

Not really - 1 in 3 voters, so maybe 20-25% of the population voted Tory, many as the "least bad" option, that's hardly a big vote of support.

Soldato
I think Farage would be better off standing down full stop. He's carried the weight of UKIP alone for the most part and that clearly took its toll. He'd be better off as an 'Elder Statesman' type character, working in the background to support a new generation. That is where he could make a lasting name for himself.

It also seems that UKIP's future may lie in the north of England, not the south. I think a northern leader would be better for UKIP.

Soldato
So you would have no issue with Cameron withdrawing the EU referendum, if he said the priority was the Union, Economic Recovery and EU Reform.

You can see how it works, your leader changed his mind so why can't Cameron ?

Farage didn't change his mind, he did what he said he would. You're just butt-hurt because he could be back because that's the will of UKIP members

Soldato
The Irony being he didn't do it the conservatives did, he couldn't secure tuition fee's as part of the coalition deal as he was a minority party with only about 1/6th of the seats!

I hope they manage to rebuild the party and I hope Clegg stands again an an MP in 5 years.

He should have distanced himself from that one at the time - actively voting against it on his core value - the electorate may have then seen he tried to stop it but couldn't. Rumour was he was all for it at the time

Soldato
Same goes for Labour....

That's not true, they need a strong charismatic leader and a clear message, in 5 years time the country will feel very different the last labour government will be a much more distant memory and we will have had 5 years of a Tory majority. Who knows what will happen in Scotland during the next few years will it be a case of enough rope to hang themselves for the SNP or will they be independent.

Soldato
Gonna be rough without the Lib Dems blocking the tories ridiculous cuts.

To be honest, I think having the Lib Dems there acted as a publicity buffer for Tory policy. LDs got a lot of the stick.

They'll struggle more now with a slimmer majority (given they won't be doing the deals with their coalition partner to force policy through)

Caporegime
In the long run it's bad for the party. Most leaders step down and are replaced by somebody else who'll try something different, but UKIP seems to be so deficient in top-quality people that it's likely (certain?) to be Farage again.

Not really - 1 in 3 voters, so maybe 20-25% of the population voted Tory, many as the "least bad" option, that's hardly a big vote of support.

36.8% have voted Tory.

Caporegime
What's just as embarrassing as the whining is those gloating over voting for the winning party.

Those elitist ****** who somehow think because they've voted Tory they're better than someone who's voted otherwise.

Get over yourselves, please.

Back
Top Bottom