• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
What's just as embarrassing as the whining is those gloating over voting for the winning party.

Those elitist ****** who somehow think because they've voted Tory they're better than someone who's voted otherwise.

Get over yourselves, please.

Well could be worse, the fervour up north of the border was certainly...interesting.

Soldato
And the butt-hurt begins :D

Why on earth would we be butt hurt?

We've just been proved right with everything we have said about UKIPs chances and you are the one with egg on your face with your absolute convictions of 15+ seats :D

It's the sugar pill that is coating an otherwise disappointing election :p

Caporegime
What's just as embarrassing as the whining is those gloating over voting for the winning party.

Those elitist ****** who somehow think because they've voted Tory they're better than someone who's voted otherwise.

That attitude was prevalent before hand with people declaring voting for UKIP.

Soldato
Sorry to see Clegg go, he was put in an impossible position 5 years ago and has paid a very heavy price for being a successful coalition member.

He was and I for one applaud the bloke for doing what needed to be done for the country even if its lead him and his party to this. I hope he stands again and the fools of the LD party realise exactly what a decent bloke he is.

Caporegime
one thing that would be interesting is if we ditched house of lords.

then say had local mp's elected for each small area like now that go into the house of commons.

then a set of "governors" or whatever you want to call them that are done on proportional representation that cover larger areas, and make up the house of lords replacement.

The only thing stopping many of the stupid laws/acts going through parliament unchallenged in the last 10-15 years is the unelected House of Lords. They seem to be more in touch with the comman person than the MPs... The les politics in the Lords the better IMO, and certainly not elected representatives from the political parties.

Man of Honour

05-cryingman-290212-de_zpsjbmpycnd.jpg

Soldato
Honestly, I don't see how anyone can claim it's been a bad performance for UKIP.

They got near 13% of the vote and were the clear 3rd party on weight of votes.

I have no love at all for their political alignment, but to call their performance anything but remarkable is disingenuous. And Farage did an incredible job.

I genuinely hope it helps prompt electoral reform. Otherwise, with the collapse of Labour in Scotland, we might be stuck with Tory governments indefinitely.

I am happy that we have a single party government as there should be no excuses for carrying out the policies they have promised. No LD buffer to protect them and no its labours fault as they go into a second term.

I quite honestly have no clue what this will mean for the country but I do hope they have the balls to see us through the rough times ahead.

Caporegime
How naive are you ? He's taking a summer holiday coming back to stand for a farcical leadership election given there are no others capable of running UKIP - he has massive influence on the party.

ALL politicians are slithery that includes your precious UKIP

He's one of the fanatical core who are blind and senseless that I was talking about in earlier posts. The one where I was confused as to just how Farage/Ukip managed to pull the wool over some people's eyes so well.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
The only thing stopping many of the stupid laws/acts going through parliament unchallenged in the last 10-15 years is the unelected House of Lords. They seem to be more in touch with the comman person than the MPs... The les politics in the Lords the better IMO, and certainly not elected representatives from the political parties.

Have to agree with this, in some ways the house of lords is our last line of defence!

Back
Top Bottom