• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Superb result, Balls out, Galloway out, loony left kicked to the kerb, OCUK experts buttblasted, Katie Hopkins staying, hilarious :D

I forgot about that. It's the only thing that was wrong with this Conservative resounding result although it's a small price to pay to keep out the "progressive left" (and by progressive I take it they mean raise taxes and spend money we don't have)! :p

Soldato
He's one of the fanatical core who are blind and senseless that I was talking about in earlier posts. The one where I was confused as to just how Farage/Ukip managed to pull the wool over some people's eyes so well.

I have asked the question many times on here, general response is that he does what he says - straight talking and all that.

Resign > Holiday > Leadership Candidate > Win = UKIP Leader

Caporegime
I'm going to make three predictions for the next parliament:

1. If Osborne sticks to anything like his stated economic plans, there will be another recession in this country within two years.
2. After this recession, Cameron will bin Osborne in an attempt to save his skin.
3. It won't work; Cameron will be replaced as Tory leader within three years.

Soldato
He failed to win a seat for... what is it, the 7th time in a row or something? I guess that's incredible, in its own way.

He took a one-issue party of swivel eyed loons, and took them centre-stage of the election whilst nabbing one eighth of the votes cast.

It's actually amazing, regardless of how bigoted, stupid, or misguided their electorate may or may not be.

Soldato
Her talk is very idealistic but it ignores the fact that we cannot support an unhealthy population that lives longer and has access to expensive and advanced medical care that can keep people alive at great expense who would otherwise have died 50 years ago.

Thanks. If you think the main problem the NHS faces is preventable diseases (and you may have a point) then the solution is preventative care - diet advice, minimum pricing of junk food, etc.

We shouldn't gamble that by privatising the health service we can treat those people more cheaply, especially when all the evidence suggests the system is one of/the most efficient in the world.

Private healthcare has never (AFAIK) resulted in better value than public systems, so why are we buying care from these companies?

Associate

1. If Osborne sticks to anything like his stated economic plans, there will be another recession in this country within two years.
2. After this recession, Cameron will bin Osborne in an attempt to save his skin.
3. It won't work; Cameron will be replaced as Tory leader within three years.

How very dramatic.

Soldato
How is that in anyway relevant though?

To the result? It isn't.

But it does hint at inherent problems in our democracy. Roughly a third of people don't see any reason to bother voting. This will be for various reasons, from laziness to a perceived lack of representation. As a result, the government has been selected by roughly a quarter of the population. That's a poor result, whatever the outcome. For the next five years, the country will be run in the interests of <25% of the population (less when you remove people who simply voted Tory because they were the least bad option, or the best candidate locally).

FYI, before I get a load of 'sore loser' tripe thrown at me, I voted Tory.

Last edited:
Caporegime

So am I:

1. Michael Gove will be back as education secretary at the first cabinet reshuffle to press ahead with his free school agenda;
2. Osborne's cuts will result in at least one quarter of negative growth for the UK economy between now and Q2 2016. This will be blamed on an external issue e.g. Eurozone problems
3. Rupert Murdoch will take full control of Sky within the next parliament.

Back
Top Bottom