• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I doubt it. Their policies would have been broadly similar and their approach to public spending would have been identical. The outcome would have been the same.

I don't think it was the policies that necessarily put off voters. I think a lot of it was to do with personalities and leadership which Ed simply didn't inspire enough of. I think the result would have been a bit different under David Miliband but I doubt labour would have received a majority either way.

Soldato
I'm somewhat worried by a Tory government alone. I imagine snoopers charter is on its way back.

Even though I voted Tory I was hoping for lib dems to restrain them somewhat.

I'm very worried, and desperately wanted the same outcome as you.

I actually think Cameron was banking on needed a smaller contingent of Lib Dem PMs this time round. It would have allowed him to drop a lot of his trickier manifesto commitments without facing the wrath of his back benchers.

Now wear heading full steam ahead into some frankly crazy fiscal upheaval, and an EU referendum which at best is just going to give the SNP a huge stick to everyone round the head with.

The next few years are going to be ****.

Soldato
I doubt it. Their policies would have been broadly similar and their approach to public spending would have been identical. The outcome would have been the same.

Not really as we all know that politics in a general election is a huge part down to charisma and Ed simply has none. Most people don't vote based on real politics they vote based on old fashioned allegiances and reaction to the media.

Soldato
I didn't promise, but I'm seriously looking into it.

Iceland is your best bet, Germany is another good place.

two places I've looked in regards to quality of life, need to learn the language which with a bit of effort you definitely can.

Of course could always pack it all in and go be a barman in spain. Had someone do that and say it's best thing they ever did.

Associate
Just shows how fickle a lot of voters are, wouldn't back Clegg again because he lied about tuition fees but will quite happily back Cameron who also lied about many things.
It's unfortunate that Clegg will be remembered for this one policy that the Lib Dems conceded on, and not for the checks and balances that they brought to the coalition. We'll know in the next 5 years whether the Tory party unleashed is better or worse than we had previously.

In any case, it feels unjust to me that apparently the majority of the voting public have placed the blame for the failures of the last government squarely on the doorstep of the Lib Dem party, while apparently embracing the work that the Conservatives did.

Back
Top Bottom