Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
The Lib Dems shouldn't have gone into coalition with a party in such stark contrast to them, it's like Ghandi teaming up with Hitler just to ensure a few less people are killed - nobody with a sense of ethics is going to pay attention to a few 'successes' under such circumstances.

Thankfully however they saw that the alternative was to go in with a butch of clueless **** wits

[TW]Fox;28012935 said:
82 seats for UKIP just shows that PR isn't necessarily the answer either. In no area of the country besides Clacton did a majority of voters want UKIP to represent them locally. The reason why the DUP did well is because in the very small number of areas they stood, they had big local support. Whereas UKIP pretty much uniformally had 'not enough support' across the entire country.

Exactly. People bellyaching that it is unfair that UKIP only got 1 seat seem to be forgetting that it would be equally as unfair the other way around. You would have UKIP MP's representing areas where the majority did not want them.

You're thinking in a FPTP mindset. In PR it's not about local support but a holistic approach to make sure the country as a whole is represented on a national level.

He isn't saying PR works like that, he's saying PR has it's drawback too because of that, if you get me.

Great result! Very happy allowing the Conservatives finish what they started 5 years ago!

Me too, but my 3 main concerns are as follows:

*EU referendum will be a stitch up
*He's almost as useless as Labour in controlling immigration despite his promises
*Snoopers Charter

Labour would have been far worse but he needs to be pressured that those 3 things don't happen

Last edited:
To say this result has shocked me would be an understatement. I knew the Tories would get a larger number than Labour but nowhere near a majority.

I never realised just how little I had in common with people of my own country. Politics of compassion and progression has been replaced by fear, money and selfishness. I'm utterly distraught and extremely worried about the future.

I knew this forum leaned heavily toward the right, but to see it reflected across the country is very worrying. If I have a viable option to leave England in the future, then I will give it serious consideration because another 5 years of a Tory government, without LibDems to pull them back, will be devastating to the services and national treasures that I love and believe in. They have been given the permission and confidence by the population to forever change the makeup of the country and the outcome is not something I'd ever want to be part of. What a tragic day this is for the UK.

Well we can kiss the NHS goodbye and god forbid if you lose your job and fall on hard times.

As for Scotland looking forward to the zealot party forcing another referendum and them actually leaving.

This goverment will be 1000 times more difficult for the Torys to manage and just wait till the right wing starts on cameroons case. I give it 6 months.

Farge is one 2-faced slimy living toad. "I will quit within 10 minutes if I don't get elected" yeah, I'll quit and then get re-elected Ina few months once the dust has settled. The kippers will love their hero back. What a weasel.

disappointed Farage didn't win :( would have been fun watching him in the commons , but on the upside the good folk of wirral west booted out Esther McVey :p good riddance

The Lib Dems shouldn't have gone into coalition with a party in such stark contrast to them, it's like Ghandi teaming up with Hitler just to ensure a few less people are killed - nobody with a sense of ethics is going to pay attention to a few 'successes' under such circumstances.

Of course they should have done, how else should have tempered their polices? I never understand why LD's got vilified for teaming with the Con's, God knows what would've of happened if they didn't, guess we're find out now.

Well we can kiss the NHS goodbye and god forbid if you lose your job and fall on hard times.

As for Scotland looking forward to the zealot party forcing another referendum and them actually leaving.

This goverment will be 1000 times more difficult for the Torys to manage and just wait till the right wing starts on cameroons case. I give it 6 months.

Same kind of rubbish that was talked about the coalition.

Move along everyone, only hysterical nonsense to be seen here.

Back
Top Bottom