• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Suspended
So all of those on low class salaries should just work harder to overcome the cuts and expenses that lie ahead of them.

Forget being happy with your job or other circumstances just chase the money and everything will be fine!

Your life choices are your own to make and your priorities your own to set. Change them if you aren't happy - you control your own fate.

Soldato
For everyone whining about spending cuts, how do you suggest you balance the books? ... Tax the rich who are already paying a higher % of their higher income to receive less benefit from the government than those who pay no tax do, while generally contributing more to society? I'm not well off at all but the whole attitude of rich people's money should be in the public purse annoys me

I'm in this camp. The rapidly growing number of billionaires suggests to me that far too much wealth generation is this country is going to a tiny number of people. The only way I can see of combating this is very high taxation, Piketty-style.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/article...global-tax-on-capital-may-not-be-a-crazy-idea

Suspended
Honestly we just seem to be going backwards, more people should be helped across the board, and not just by way of handouts, but instead we are teaching society to just look out for yourself and if you can't keep up it's your own fault, people on welfare are expected to be motivated my lack of money alone rather than a system that actually helps people back into work, and elderly care has been getting worse for years now, food banks popping up everywhere, NHS service not being able to keep up, it's getting out of control.

I'm a liberal but I believe everyone should be better off, rich or poor, you can't sacrifice one demographic for another which is what the Tories seem to always want to do.

This attitude is precisely why the Country is knackered. The attitude that we should be helped. How about helping yourself? Honestly, this entitled, grasping mentality needs consigning to the bin.

Caporegime
Your life choices are your own to make and your priorities your own to set. Change them if you aren't happy - you control your own fate.

That isn't the point though, plenty of people are happy who don't earn massive wages. Surely voting against the conservatives is trying to make a change?

There will always be a lower class, even if everyone worked really hard for what they wanted.

Soldato
What a nice platitude.

Do you have anything factual or based on evidence?.

Anyway, regarding the post earlier & proportional representation. Both the Conservatives & Labour would have received less votes had the need for tactical voting being removed with UKIP likely gaining further than the 81 under PR.

The Greens would have also gained significantly as a result of the loss of tactical voting (a party nobody on the left would vote for in a swing seat if they were voting tactically) - this in theory could shift that 25 under PR to closer to 40/50. The real question is, once you remove this aspect how does the landscape look? - does the centre, left or right hold the overall majority in the UK.

Last edited:
Soldato
Those of you who are saying that the Conservatives will destroy the NHS. How do you think the NHS should be run? Throw more money at it? If that is what a government were to do the NHS would just absorb the money like a sponge and I suspect that it would make very little difference to front-line services.

Your wording "throw more money at it" is misleading, we spend less on it per capita than many other countries (Canada, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Australia...). Matching that funding in our previously-very-efficient system would go a long way.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Drinking labours tears . Loving it . would have preferred UKIP in some other seats and Farage of course but good result .

I reckon the boundary changes which Lib Dem opposed last time in the coalition will be one of the first new acts , EU ref. to come in 2017 also .

All the scrounging *******s better get ready to stop relying on handouts too :)

Actually looking forward to what they are going to change and do !

There's nothing like being gracious in victory. And that right there is absolutely nothing like being gracious in victory....

Caporegime
So, now that the tories are back in power is anyone taking bets on which public institution/utility they sell of to their "old chums" next?

There aren't that many left to sell off now anyhow. Just about everything is at least partially privatised, or tenders out services to the private sector.

What could they sell (apart from more of the NHS...)?

Don
But they are also making it incredibly difficult for hard graft to be rewarded for people starting at the bottom, yet its still easy to be a success if you some cash behind you.

I'm sorry but you are talking around your hat.

Yes because everyone has the ability to do just that.....

Almost everyone does have that opportunity - whether they take it or not is another matter.

I started from the bottom, from factory working parents, living in a council house. However, I paid for my own University education, got a reasonable job and progressed to the point where I would consider I have a comfortable life - I am looking to buying my first house in the next couple of years.

My wages have increased over the past 5 years by 50%. I studied hard, got 2 Diplomas and have worked my ass off and I now get paid very good wage!

Good for you - anything is possible if you work for it.

Back
Top Bottom