• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
And here we go, SNP pushing for another referendum. People spoke but that's not good enough. Lets run a referendum every few years at a cost of millions, till we get what we want.

Soldato
It's what I believe; it's also what the Conservative Party believes. Judging from the election result it would appear I am not alone.

Still really really daft regardless of how you come to form that opinion. That gap is how we measure the success of the country. Wars and revolutions are started by that measure.

Caporegime
I realise you aren't going to accept this, but there is a difference between putting graffiti on a garden fence and putting it on a memorial to the war dead. If you can't see that then I don't know how else to try and explain it.

Agreed. ;) As I said, nobody hurt, no need for draconian "justice" for spraying paint on a piece of masonry, no matter what it is.

Let's get back to what I believed to be wrong, which is that I don't believe violent protest and criminal damage is necessary to make a point and is actually counter-productive.

Agreed*, but that's not what my original post was about anyway.

*In most cases, such as this. There are some cases where violent protests is necessary, not generally in this country though.

Why does an action need to hurt someone for it to be wrong or unacceptable? It's indefensible and disrespectful. It has also cost the tax payer to rectify; money that could have been put to better use.

It doesn't, and it goes back to the first comment in this post.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Still really really daft regardless of how you come to form that opinion. That gap is how we measure the success of the country. Wars and revolutions are started by that measure.

They aren't. I can't think of a single war or revolution that was due to income equality. Plenty when the basic needs of a population aren't met but that really isn't the case in the UK at the moment.

Soldato
My god British politics is at a low ebb when that is man charged with overseeing a bill of rights. I'm stunned.

The most competent person for the job would have been Dominic Grieve. Former QC, very capable and understands the ECHR and human rights law in general.

Unfortunately for the Conservatives, Dominic Grieve is in favour of the ECHR - just like almost everyone else with first-hand experience of it.

Back
Top Bottom