• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
If it's a reference to race then that's going to be hilarious considering Rob wanted documented proof of every single UKIP supporter being a racist before he would accept any generalisations about it.

Soldato
You say that as though the ECHR and human rights law in general are difficult to understand. They're pretty simple.

Can you take a ballpark guess at how many times a year the UK courts are overruled by Brussels on human rights without Googling it? How many people would overestimate by several orders of magnitude?

By 'almost everyone else with first-hand experience of it', do you perchance mean your wife and her colleagues who do well out of it? ;)

Haha. :) My wife and her friends would be far busier if the UK attempted to enact its own, separate bill of rights. She's been very busy over the last five years trying to defend the government's cuts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Like it or not, the large chunk of white working class that traditionally support Labour wouldn't vote for Chuka Umunna if he was leader of the Labour party, he'll only really appeal to the London metropolitan lovey's in the south, this isn't America

And I think you are far off the mark with this one.
He's young, good looking and black. He'll tick a lot of boxes that Milliband and Brown didn't.
And I think you undervalue the power of race when it comes to decision making. You only have to look at Obama (who Chuka was very silly to be associating himself with) who increased the turnout in many "deprived" areas in America, the same would happen here I'm sure.
Personally, I hope Labour don't go that route as it would smack of a desperate ploy that would demean him.
Let's all hope that witch Harriet Harperson stands, God she'd be even worse for the lefties than Milliband.

Soldato

Umunna has been pumped up as something he doesn't want to be. He's actually spoken out about not liking the "token" or hyped-up status he's been given.

I actually find his views insufferable so wouldn't vote for him but I suppose he'd be more electable than Harriet Harperson.

Suspended
I actually find his views insufferable so wouldn't vote for him but I suppose he'd be more electable than Harriet Harperson.

I obviously can't reconcile with his political views; having watched a number of his TV interviews I just find him arrogant and evasive. I wouldn't want him as Leader if I were a Labour supporter, he has no charisma.

Soldato
And the UK government is current;y failing to ensure the basic needs are being met and preventing people starving, hence the rise in food bank usage.

Because the rise in food bank usage under the coalition government couldn't possible be connected to that government removing the food bank usage limits the last Labour government had in place in order to make itself not look bad...

It actually is, go work a zero hour contract homie. Apparently they're hailed as something great by this government. LAWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Zero hour contracts are great, great for employers, great for employees, my mother was on a ZH contract with the NHS while I was in primary school and it was great because of the choice of flexible hours.

Of course the is currently a small problem with some unscrupulous employers abusing the system by putting people on ZH contracts who shouldn't be, but luckily the Tories have pledged to combat that, unlike Labour who just made the facepalm worth pledge of scrapping ZH contracts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Getting back to the start of this... the general public aren't great with stats/understanding of stuff in general, but loads of politicians could adequately get their heads around the ECHR, especially given the advice they get/the special advisors they can hire/etc. It's not the mega difficult task.

I'm sure that Gove could understand the ECHR properly given time and the right advice. I'm not so sure that there's a willingness to fully understand it though. Grayling was justice secretary for five years and was still making public gaffs about the ECHR by the end.

Gove didn't listen to educators. I doubt he's going to listen to lawyers either.

Caporegime
Like it or not, the large chunk of white working class that traditionally support Labour wouldn't vote for Chuka Umunna if he was leader of the Labour party, he'll only really appeal to the London metropolitan lovey's in the south, this isn't America

Is milibands US advisor now advising the labour party to get an obama type? lol
the year 2014 said:
Barack Obama's most influential adviser during two presidential victories has been hired to advise Labour on its 2015 election campaign, ensuring that Ed Miliband will put inequality and the break between family finances and economic growth at the centre of his election campaign.

A black lady from the labour party has been the labour mp for my area for the last 2 years though and this year she won by a much bigger margin than the last with 55% of the vote compared to the others with 18%, 14% and 6%
Not like labour people are racist even in the north east

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think Chuka Umunna will get much support because he comes across as a snake oil merchant. His subsequent failure will of course be blamed on the UK public being racist, to make us all feel bad.

Soldato
It's not a crime; it's stupid and arrogant in itself. Tories are people just like you and I.

This, irrational hatred of somebody based on their political party is no better than irrational hatred based on somebodys skin tone or nationality. Especially when it's based on historical actions of said party.

Back
Top Bottom