• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Do you think this will go on much longer?

Very possibly. Remember ukip got a large vote, as did labour, who are very right winged as well, despite what dome of their voters claim.
It's hilarious when in this and other threads people are saying should stay left or move from left to central. They are plainly to the right.
The only left party that did well was SNP and they are just left of central.

Pretty much everyone voted right, it's just how far.
Based of 2015 manifestos
22hqae.jpg

Just a shame theirs no one in the purple box, which is where I would like to see a party. Very liberal but Wright wing economically.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do you think this will go on much longer?

Would imagine so :p

37% is hardly the whole country. :p

True, but the whole 'OcUK is a Toff stronghold' that some people seem to have a view on, is only very similar to the country as a whole. I seem to recall there being plenty of posts about how OcUK isn't a very good indicator of the countries voting intention, when in fact it's proven to not be too far wide of the mark when it comes to the Conservatives.

37% Vs 39.62%.

Soldato
This, irrational hatred of somebody based on their political party is no better than irrational hatred based on somebodys skin tone or nationality. Especially when it's based on historical actions of said party.
This isn't exactly correct.

A political party has an agenda, goals, intentions & belief systems in some cases. A supporter of proponent of this political entity at least in principle supports aspects of this. This on the other hand is not true of skin colour or national identity, not all people identify with their home nation.

Yes it's irrational, but not comparable.

Soldato
This isn't exactly correct.

A political party has an agenda, goals, intentions & belief systems in some cases. A supporter of proponent of this political entity at least in principle supports aspects of this. This on the other hand is not true of skin colour or national identity, not all people identify with their home nation.

Yes it's irrational, but not comparable.

I guess you're right, maybe hating somebody for supporting another football team may be a better comparison /shrug.

Soldato
The hate for the Tories runs deep in the industrial heartlands of Wales, the midlands and the north. People have long memories and the wounds caused to families all over the country by Thatcher are still raw.

We haven't seen anything like it in recent memory, except maybe the post 2008 housing crash which is why we have such anti-banker sentiment throughout this country. I suppose if you lose everything you don't easily forget it and I think people under estimate the power of perceived injustice.

Unfortunately Labour are in a catch 22, both because of the change in the overall demographic within the country and the change from industry to services.

If they go left, the will cause a lot of the new upper-working-class (those who tend to think they are middle class) to be wary of voting for them. If they go any further right they basically become Conservatives option 2 and cease to be relevant in opposition.

I think they are best served with some principle politics and they should draw a line in the sand. If they do move I would say a lean to the left and down a bit, but still to the right of the centre line.

Back
Top Bottom