• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Associate
My missus, mum and other folks I know work in the public sector and are almost certain that they are going to be losing their jobs or forced to take pay-cuts. They already took 30% the last time. Who are these people even voting for Tories? Rich people being looked after by them at a guess. SNP taking all those small little constituencies in Scotland really hurt Labour, but I think having Ed Miliband in instead of his brother hurt them more

Caporegime
My missus, mum and other folks I know work in the public sector and are almost certain that they are going to be losing their jobs or forced to take pay-cuts. They already took 30% the last time. Who are these people even voting for Tories? Rich people being looked after by them at a guess. SNP taking all those small little constituencies in Scotland really hurt Labour, but I think having Ed Miliband in instead of his brother hurt them more

Ed as leader is a disaster and has been since David was left in the gutter...it would be different otherwise.

Soldato
The system is like that because without it, Scotland wouldn't have a say in anything, and there'd be literally no point to us voting at all. We might be a union, but we are two separate countries and should have a decent say.

As the system stands, you have more of a say than we do. Scots get to vote on devolved issues which we don't, yet issues which only affect England can be voted on by Scottish MPs.

This, The West Lothian Question, is blatantly unfair and what Cameron vowed to address in the wake of the referendum in exchange for more devolution for Scotland.

No rational person would claim that addressing this issue isn't reasonable yet the slightest mention of it has the SNP frothing at the mouth and shouting and screaming about the "flaming Tories" yet again. Scotland will become ever more isolated with the extremists that are the SNP representing their interests in Westminster.

Soldato

No, not at all.

If it were rich people just voting for them, the results would be nothing like this.

People in the public sector are starting to open their eyes to the ridiculous number of middle management who are beyond useless. Leftovers from the last Labour government taking up decent salaries that should be moved to the front line.

Soldato

Normal working people.

It's not just so called toffs vote Conservative, they and UKIP are incredibly popular in the workplace.

Soldato
Why do you take everything as an attack on Scotland, we were attacking FPTP. We were talking about the fact that 56 MPs will represent 1.5 million people and therefore have 56 votes based on 1.5 million people. When UKIP may end up with 1 MP and yet 3.5 million people voted for them. Has nothing to do with scotland but the system itself. If you can't see the flaw in that then that's fine but you're blind.

For the record, Scotland's representation is actually about right - they're currently at 55/650 seats (8.4%) with 6% of the popular vote, which isn't that far out. It's UKIP's share which is disproportionate, with 0.15% of the seats yet having 12.2% of the popular vote.

Back
Top Bottom