• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Fiscal policy which has done mostly nothing, only Quantitative Easing has any serious effect and the interest rate has been unchanged.

Managing an economy doesn't necessarily mean changing lots of things willy nilly (unless you're a Labour government), it means stability. The private sector doesn't manage the economy, the government does.

Soldato
It was a desperate, pathetic last minute bribe to try and stop the referendum voting Yes.

If we're a union, we should not be devolving more powers to Scotland, or NI or Wales.

Not really a union if we're bending over to the whims of what England want though, is it? Sounds more like control. :p The reality seems to be that Scotland feels they don't get enough of a say on matters relating to them, and that's a problem if they can't properly represent their own people. Thus, it's either more powers, or separation, in the SNPs view, which the vast majority of Scots agree with as these polls indicate.

And indeed, if it was a pathetic last minute bribe then he's going to get caught out and we're going to end up with another situation like last year.

Caporegime
Managing an economy doesn't necessarily mean changing lots of things willy nilly (unless you're a Labour government), it means stability. The private sector doesn't manage the economy, the government does.

The problem is that it is indeed pure and vitriolic rhetoric, the Conservatives didnt have to deal with the massive downturn, Labour did, would the Conservatives have just sat back?

Regardless its pointless to discuss.

Soldato
I'm afraid the public have said to the Tories please carry on cut where you like !

Libs have learned a lesson, dance with the devil and .......

Labour need to move further to left

Soldato
Pretty much, Labour not labour enough and milliband/balls is not trusted

Lib dems got served

Ukip got the votes even if they didn't get the seats still encouraging for them i'm sure.

SNP no surprise

RED EDD will hopefully step down no one likes him. voter turn out was so low in some labour areas that they are lucky to still have the seats.

Either way though

RIP Privacy and RIP the NHS.

Soldato
one way of looking at it but I find that unlikely. As it's the lib dem seats going tory that have swung the game.

Maybe becuase things weren't that bad under tory and voting nick is voting for dave anyway.

Oh well 5 more years whats the worse that can happen? Dollar rate is already improving :)

Soldato
I'm afraid the public have said to the Tories please carry on cut where you like !

Libs have learned a lesson, dance with the devil and .......

Labour need to move further to left

Nah, I think Ed got the tone right. I don't think the UK has any appetite for Labour to move further left. It was the campaign that they messed up - they let the Tories choose the battlefield. It doesn't help that most of the mainstream media was backing the Tories as well. The Lib Dems dealt Labour the death blow this election - their cosying up to the Tories fed fears of a Labour/SNP government that will have cost Labour more than a few votes in England.

Soldato
I'm not so sure, I think the public have said we don't want SNP having a big influence by propping up a minority Labour government more than they saying they want more cuts as Labour signed up to cuts as well.

Yup. I know a lot of people voting Tory solely because of this. I'll spend the next five years reminding those people that it's their fault when public services close and our civil liberties are further impeded upon.

Caporegime
Thus, it's either more powers, or separation, in the SNPs view, which the vast majority of Scots agree with as these polls indicate.

Wrong. The Scottish people told us their view on separation in the referendum.

What they have shown us in the general election is that they want rid of Labour, and of course the nationalists will be rubbing their hands in glee now wondering what they can try and ransom out of Westminster.

Back
Top Bottom