• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
As the system stands, you have more of a say than we do. Scots get to vote on devolved issues which we don't, yet issues which only affect England can be voted on by Scottish MPs.

This, The West Lothian Question, is blatantly unfair and what Cameron vowed to address in the wake of the referendum in exchange for more devolution for Scotland.

No rational person would claim that addressing this issue isn't reasonable yet the slightest mention of it has the SNP frothing at the mouth and shouting and screaming about the "flaming Tories" yet again. Scotland will become ever more isolated with the extremists that are the SNP representing their interests in Westminster.

Indeed, I'm sure any Scot would take more devolved powers over less of a say in England, where in the past few years we've had vastly differing views anyway - not that it'd make a difference down there.

The problem is we don't trust the Tories at all when they say this stuff. We were promised more powers for staying in the union and bar words, I've yet to see any real action on it - no doubt this played a large part in the huge SNP swing.

Soldato
For the record, Scotland's representation is actually about right - they're currently at 55/650 seats (8.4%) with 6% of the popular vote, which isn't that far out. It's UKIP's share which is disproportionate, with 0.15% of the seats yet having 12.2% of the popular vote.

I agree with you, my main point is that it's unfair on UKIP voters. I didn't make that clear tohugh.

Soldato
Indeed, I'm sure any Scot would take more devolved powers over less of a say in England, where in the past few years we've had vastly differing views anyway - not that it'd make a difference down there.

The problem is we don't trust the Tories at all when they say this stuff. We were promised more powers for staying in the union and bar words, I've yet to see any real action on it - no doubt this played a large part in the huge SNP swing.

It's only been 7-8 months since the referendum, these things take time.

Caporegime
At the end of the day, can we really run a union with two countries at opposing ends of the political spectrum? Not really, I don't think.

It's an interesting question as if there is one thing the Eurozone shows us, it's that separate fiscal policies pegged to a single currency does not work.

Soldato
Nice to see Theresa May championing her snoopers agenda straight away.....

RIP privacy

Looks like the polls were wrong and cameron will be hitting it home after a complete no vote of confidence in clegg and milliband.

I hope balls loses his seat the ****

Caporegime

It was a desperate, pathetic last minute bribe to try and stop the referendum voting Yes.

If we're a union, we should not be devolving more powers to Scotland, or NI or Wales.

Back
Top Bottom