*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

I don't think Apple want to work so close with Google anymore what with the in built Youtube app gone (have to download it now) and TomTom doing the maps... lol Can see why but seriously, i don't like it.

This update is rubbish, they've taken away google maps and added some half baked app which restricts features to the 4s and 5.

They've added another undeletable app which I don't want.

It seems a little slower than previously.

I still can't fast scroll to the bottom of an internet page without retardedly flailing at my iPad or a few seconds.

Disappointed.

I think I have broken my phone.

Stuck on the loading bar with apple icon after my 3rd attempt of restoring it (4). My ipad update went through without problems.

iTunes seems to think the phone is working ok but obviously it isnt :(

Can jailbroken iPhones just update via OTA? Or do I need to remove the jailbreak first?

Also - after some use on my iPad I can safely say the Maps - the main feature Apple advertised 6.0 with - is a complete crock!

Really hope they massively improve their data because it just isn't good enough to use right now:(

Unless you live in central London where it looks like you're okay :p

BBC News, NY Times and even the Apple-pandering Mashable are all utterly laying into Apple for the new Maps app.

I wonder which is more beneficial for Google. Release their own Google Maps app or just let Apple suffer?

This update is rubbish, they've taken away google maps and added some half baked app which restricts features to the 4s and 5.

They've added another undeletable app which I don't want.

It seems a little slower than previously.

I still can't fast scroll to the bottom of an internet page without retardedly flailing at my iPad or a few seconds.

Disappointed.

You can still add google maps as a direct web link so makes little difference. You benefit from the 3D features of Apple's maps and can retain an almost identical google maps mobile site.

Just hide any app you don't want in a folder? Hardly a massive deal.

Most webpages aren't THAT long... the only thing I ever notice it on are forums.

Ios 6 added a lot of new features - don't see what's bad about that.

Oh and its noticeably faster here.

Disappointed.

If you're talking about vbulletin forums, like this one, you can click the little yellow arrow next to a thread to take you to the last read post.. Don't know if that helps or not

looks like this
firstnew.gif

You can still add google maps as a direct web link so makes little difference. You benefit from the 3D features of Apple's maps and can retain an almost identical google maps mobile site.

Just hide any app you don't want in a folder? Hardly a massive deal.

Most webpages aren't THAT long... the only thing I ever notice it on are forums.

Ios 6 added a lot of new features - don't see what's bad about that.

Oh and its noticeably faster here.

I would rather have accurate maps than some gimmick.

Also it's slightly put me off ordering an iPhone 5 tomorrow

Apple to me has always been about quality

If this is the direction they are going its not the apple I recognise

I just got the same, then discovered that my iPhone number was ticked again (user busy because you are effectively calling yourself). However, facetime does not work for me over 3g between iPhone4 and New iPad. I get the message that i need to connect to wireless. Maybe this function is only 4S and above?

I am using a 4S so its not limited to just that.

I raised a support ticket and they said that during the update, it asks you to set up FaceTime again, it uses your apple id, and thus pulls the information down from that.

They said you can either use the email address or to create a new apple id for facetime.

Not exactly the best solution to it. Its a shame that you can't assign or associate 2 numbers to your apple id, as that would probably be the easiest fix.

Its really annoying that it doesn't even let you edit the number!

:(

BBC News, NY Times and even the Apple-pandering Mashable are all utterly laying into Apple for the new Maps app.

I wonder which is more beneficial for Google. Release their own Google Maps app or just let Apple suffer?

Mmm at first I thought it would be beneficial for them to release it ASAP - but then I thought it would be better for them not to release an app because it could mean better hardware sales in the future...

But I really hope they do release the app - The maps app is now completely useless to me... :(

And please would someone give me an answer...

Can I update my iPhone through OTA with a jailbreak on, or do I need to remove the jailbreak? :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom