*** The Official iOS and iPadOS 18 Thread ***

@chaparral if you click on your profile pic in the top right of the photos app, the iCloud sync status is in there.
Much Thanks... :)

I was getting a bit worried as i needed to be able get the photo's off my phone for work use,
(My work place bought me an Iphone SE to use but i hate the small size of it and the rubbish screen on it so i just use my own 14 pro max)

Last edited:
No doubt about it the update has absolutely eaten my battery life. Trying to work out what in the background is doing it. I went from never closing any apps and my battery going 2 plus days with moderate use to charging on the way to work and getting home to 30% battery life. Thats with limited pick ups and a quick surf every few hours, check of email etc. My battery health is still at 100%.

The pull down on the home screen is really laggy on my 15PM. Takes a second or more to load. (the screen that shows the search and Siri suggestions), not the notifications.
Very weird. Has it persisted after a phone reboot? It's been fine on my 15 Pro - in fact, I just tried it and it was instant with no lag in animation or anything.

I quite like the idea of not paying for a password manager (I have the family sub for Dashlane) but don’t fancy

1. Adding the 500+ passwords I have from Dashlane into the Apple password app
2. Losing the ability to have a browser extension for passwords on a Windows PC.

There is a browser extension for Chrome and Edge. Not sure how you transfer passwords though.

I quite like the idea of not paying for a password manager (I have the family sub for Dashlane) but don’t fancy

1. Adding the 500+ passwords I have from Dashlane into the Apple password app
2. Losing the ability to have a browser extension for passwords on a Windows PC.
Bitwarden is what you’re after. Last time I looked you can import passwords other password managers

Not sure if related to upgrading iOS when it came out but none of my notifications have worked in the last few days/week now, anyone else had that? Its not in DND mode or anything and seems to affect most apps but not all, for example WhatsApp and some others don't work but just now an Amazon notification popped up. You do get the red bubble thing on the app icon but just no banner thing when the phone is unlocked or locked.

Not sure if it’s the service in my area today or the 18.0.1 update but my phone now flicks down to 3/4 signal 4g a lot while before it was flat out 5g downloading at around 300mb.
Did the update include a new modem?

Kept meaning to ask this and can’t remember if it did it in ios17 but when Dynamic Island is in use my status bar only shows network & battery status. I’d like to see 3/4/5g status instead. Possible?

Edit: 15 pro

Last edited:
Not sure if related to upgrading iOS when it came out but none of my notifications have worked in the last few days/week now, anyone else had that? Its not in DND mode or anything and seems to affect most apps but not all, for example WhatsApp and some others don't work but just now an Amazon notification popped up. You do get the red bubble thing on the app icon but just no banner thing when the phone is unlocked or locked.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the offending apps fixed the notification issue. Annoying but at least they work again.

Back
Top Bottom