• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Yeah, that's my option, i can do the same with any payg simcard. It's just the hassle of the few days delay to transfer it to that and then another few days to transfer it back again. She uses her phone for work so it's a reasonable amount of downtime whilst her number is in imbo.

The only other option seems to be ID Mobile, but they use the Three network which is garbage at our house.

Might just buy the phone and stick with her current sim only deal, was avoiding that as it seemed to be more expensive annoyingly!

Transferring your number is much easier nowadays. You can text to get your pac now so you don't have to waste time talking to the cancellations department and it transfers next working day. It is a hassle transferring off a network just to get back on it, so depends how good the deal is.

Soldato
Cheers, the deal was decent (£29 up front and £34 a month, which works out at £850ish over 2 years vs £700 for the phone alone)

I noticed a few people on HDUK posting deals of "Open Box New" phones on ebay, with the 15% off code so i've ended up just buying the phone outright. Works out a slightly cheaper due to the reduced phone cost. Still comes with the warranty etc so i can live with the fact it's not "new new"

Soldato
Those “opened never used” adverts are a scam in my opinion. When I was considering an iPhone 11 Pro, I emailed a company about such a phone, asking if they could guarantee the battery on their “opened never used” phone would be 100pc. Their reply was that it would be over 90pc, which in my mind means the phone was in reality “opened, used for a bit” and then sold in such good condition that it looked brand new without actually being new.

I’m sure you’ll get a great phone, but the adverts are misleading and probably unlawful.

Soldato
It came today, it's just updating now, but seems the warranty runs to the 28th Jan 2022, so around 3 weeks missing which is fine. Just need to wait for that to finish to check the battery. The screen protector is missing and it was just in a plastic sleeve thing but i can't see any marks on it so happy so far given the saving.

What i'm confused about is extending the AppleCare. It's either £7.99/mth or £149 upfront.

How long is it for as everything suggests 12 months, but there's a heck of a price difference with up front being 50% more expensive if that's true. So i assume it's 24 months but nothing seems to suggest that.

Soldato
I've got an issue with my iPhone Mini 12. When I wake the phone up from lock screen and go to browse the internet or use watsapp or something, watsapp will just stick on 'connecting' even though the wifi is showing as connected with full signal. I know it's not the iPhone as I have had a brand new replacement and the last one did this to

It does eventually connect after about 30 seconds or so. Anyone else had this issue?

Soldato
I've got an issue with my iPhone Mini 12. When I wake the phone up from lock screen and go to browse the internet or use watsapp or something, watsapp will just stick on 'connecting' even though the wifi is showing as connected with full signal. I know it's not the iPhone as I have had a brand new replacement and the last one did this to

It does eventually connect after about 30 seconds or so. Anyone else had this issue?

You got a VPN setup on the iphome that’s getting stuck reconnecting?

Associate
I decided to go with the iPhone 12 Pro Max in the end after only Androids since my iPhone 3Gs. Got to say the swap has been painless and I’m impressed with the phone. Thanks for all the answers in this thread.

Soldato
Amex currently doing £50 off £500 spend if you add the offer to your card, it says iPhone 12 Pro in the title but I reckon it works on anything.
Offer valid until 31 March 2021.
This promotion is intended for UK Cardmembers only.
Offer only available Online at apple.com/uk/
Apple finance is excluded from this offer.
Purchases on Apple iTunes, apps and Apple Music are excluded from this offer.
Offer only available to the first 30,000 Cardmembers who save the offer to their Card.
Only one £50 statement credit per UK Card.
Offer is only intended for the targeted recipient of this offer.
Might help someone :)

Soldato
Anyone have any suggestions on a Stand Wireless Charger that works with a case with a bank card?

I have these which work,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FWWR7V6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but they're the flat style, my old stand charger (No longer on Amazon for links), don't work and then i picked up this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08LCZDZT2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which also doesn't work.

I'm not sure whether to just get the stand version of the Choetech. I had tried an Anker one in the past but it didn't work brilliantly.

As you can see i'm cheap on these, i'd rather not spend a small fortune on one.

Soldato
I’ve got this on both mine and my partners AMEX so could buy 2 £500 gift cards and get an iPhone 12 Pro with £100 off. Even then I still don’t think it’s worth the upgrade from the 11 Pro. It was such a cop out from Apple.

Amex currently doing £50 off £500 spend if you add the offer to your card, it says iPhone 12 Pro in the title but I reckon it works on anything.

Might help someone :)

Soldato
Just got an iPhone 12 mini and very happy!

Lovely upgrade from iPhone SE (2016)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to cast to LG TV?

Screen Mirror on iPhone can’t see the TV, which is probably because it doesn’t support AirPlay.

Would rather not get Apple TV or hardware, unless it’s really the best option.

Any decent apps? App Store has plenty but very mixed reviews.

Associate
Just got an iPhone 12 mini and very happy!

Lovely upgrade from iPhone SE (2016)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to cast to LG TV?

Screen Mirror on iPhone can’t see the TV, which is probably because it doesn’t support AirPlay.

Would rather not get Apple TV or hardware, unless it’s really the best option.

Any decent apps? App Store has plenty but very mixed reviews.

Might be worth looking at a new roku device, I think some of the new ones support airplay.

https://blog.roku.com/en-gb/apple-airplay-homekit

From roku

Soldato
I just got an iPhone 12 Pro Max, which shipped with iOS 14.3 and I immediately upgraded to iOS 14.4. It suffers from the flashing logo at startup bug and if I force a restart it won't boot up unless I plug it into a power source. Does anyone else have this issue/know of a fix without upgrading to the iOS 14.5 Beta?

Back
Top Bottom