• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Kind of wish I held off upgrading to a 12 Pro from my XS until this year. I feel it will be much more worthwhile upgrade, especially if the display is finally 120Hz

I kind of know what you mean. I was a convert to an iPhone mid 2020 from an Galaxy S10. Don’t regret the move. I bought a second hand XS Max and thought if I liked it I would buy a new iPhone 11 Pro. So that’s what I did. I bought the 11 Pro as found the XS max a little big and clumsy to use. I think if I’d had the smaller XS and upgraded to the similar sized 11 pro I have thought I should have held on for the IPhone 12 later this year. To me the 120Hz isn’t such a dealbreaker.

I sold the Xs max to music magpie for £20 less than I paid for it. Strange tale there. Sold my galaxy s10 to music magpie and duly dispatched it via the free drop off at Asda. Two weeks later and still not been delivered so presumed lost. MM paid out for it no hassle. Three weeks later sold the Xs max to them but this time sent it via the free drop off at post office. Guess what, two weeks later it hadn’t been delivered. MM investigated and paid out promptly. Both phones were packaged well. Strange two phones went awol. MM had offers on both phones so price was good and hassle free.

Soldato
The yellow tint was bad on mine, so I've got an exchange arranged for next week. If it isn't any better I think I'll just return and keep with my redmi note 8 pro

Associate
I don’t even remember how I transferred my Android stuff over and it was only 2 months ago. I think that shows it must have been fairly easy because if it had been a total pain I’d definitely remember.

Is there an issue transferring WhatsApp from android to iOS? I have heard that it doesn’t transfer your groups and messages over.

Soldato
Is there an issue transferring WhatsApp from android to iOS? I have heard that it doesn’t transfer your groups and messages over.
Yep as above, it can’t be done - at least not freely or securely (in my opinion). Honestly I just gave up and actually was quite refreshing to start over.
Now you can export your chats from Android to a text file and have them stored for reference. I did that with a couple of my group chats for any information I may need down the line.

Associate
That’s annoying but it’s not a deal breaker for me. I’d seen articles on the web but it was always from companies trying to get you to use their software to transfer.

Permabanned
Does anyone know where I can get the best price for my Pro Max? We're in a bit of a crappy position financially at the moment and I need the money relatively quickly, otherwise I'd throw it up on here. Just can't guarantee it'll sell quick :/

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Does anyone know where I can get the best price for my Pro Max? We're in a bit of a crappy position financially at the moment and I need the money relatively quickly, otherwise I'd throw it up on here. Just can't guarantee it'll sell quick :/

There's a few standard routes really. Recycle websites:

https://www.compareandrecycle.co.uk/mobile-phones/apple-iphone-12-pro-max

Those are offering £680, which is of course quite low.

Taking that as a starting point I'd work out how much you're willing to let it go for. The cheaper, the quicker it will sell. Condition will also help.

They seem to be selling for about £850-£900 on eBay.

Assuming it's great condition and unlocked you could put it up for £800 on here and Facebook market place. Should sell quick.

Permabanned
There's a few standard routes really. Recycle websites:

https://www.compareandrecycle.co.uk/mobile-phones/apple-iphone-12-pro-max

Those are offering £680, which is of course quite low.

Taking that as a starting point I'd work out how much you're willing to let it go for. The cheaper, the quicker it will sell. Condition will also help.

They seem to be selling for about £850-£900 on eBay.

Assuming it's great condition and unlocked you could put it up for £800 on here and Facebook market place. Should sell quick.

Ahh thanks! Don't have FB anymore but might get the GF to list it. Might throw it up here I suppose, it can't hurt.

Soldato
My Pitaka MagEZ case has arrived and whilst the colours are significantly less vibrant than their website suggests (I got the red/orange herringbone) it's a good fit. It's also less bulky and lighter than the Spigen case I was using.

Associate
My Pitaka MagEZ case has arrived and whilst the colours are significantly less vibrant than their website suggests (I got the red/orange herringbone) it's a good fit. It's also less bulky and lighter than the Spigen case I was using.

Is that the Mag EZ Pro 2 (the one with full protection) or the one with partial protection? I have a pikata case for my ipad but not convinced it will help much if I drop it.

Soldato
Is that the Mag EZ Pro 2 (the one with full protection) or the one with partial protection? I have a pikata case for my ipad but not convinced it will help much if I drop it.

MagEZ. I don't tend to drop my phone so rather than having the bulk of a full cover I got this mostly to keep it from getting scratched. I had a Pitaka case on my XS which was basically the same as this one and the phone was in great condition after a couple of years.

Associate
MagEZ. I don't tend to drop my phone so rather than having the bulk of a full cover I got this mostly to keep it from getting scratched. I had a Pitaka case on my XS which was basically the same as this one and the phone was in great condition after a couple of years.

Ok, I tend to drop my phone so I’m looking for more protection. I’m torn between the Pitaka Pro 2 and the Mous but unsure which would be better for protection.

Soldato
Gah, it's been around 3.5yrs since i last messed around changing phones. Forgot what a drag it can be.

My wifes on Vodafone and i've found a deal on the Iphone Mini on vodafone through Carphone Warehouse. However switching her number seems to be overly fiddly (moving to another payg and then back again).

Tried to get Vodafone to match the other deal and they can't, just keep repeating that the "level of service won't be as good going through a reseller"

It's almost putting me off switching and makes me just want to stick with our current phones out of spite!

Soldato
Gah, it's been around 3.5yrs since i last messed around changing phones. Forgot what a drag it can be.

My wifes on Vodafone and i've found a deal on the Iphone Mini on vodafone through Carphone Warehouse. However switching her number seems to be overly fiddly (moving to another payg and then back again).

Tried to get Vodafone to match the other deal and they can't, just keep repeating that the "level of service won't be as good going through a reseller"

It's almost putting me off switching and makes me just want to stick with our current phones out of spite!

Lol at 'level of service' like the company believes they are adding some kind of value when in reality all networks are just 'dumb pipes', akin to energy, and broadband providers. I remember them desperately fighting this when they were trying to charge for things like video calls, and messaging.

Soldato

Don't take my word for it, because it's a long while since I transferred, but you *might* be able to transfer a Vodafone number to VOXI (who are owned by Vodafone) using your existing SIM, and then transfer from VOXI back to Vodafone.

Or vote with your feet and go elsewhere.

Soldato
Don't take my word for it, because it's a long while since I transferred, but you *might* be able to transfer a Vodafone number to VOXI (who are owned by Vodafone) using your existing SIM, and then transfer from VOXI back to Vodafone.

Or vote with your feet and go elsewhere.

Yeah, that's my option, i can do the same with any payg simcard. It's just the hassle of the few days delay to transfer it to that and then another few days to transfer it back again. She uses her phone for work so it's a reasonable amount of downtime whilst her number is in imbo.

The only other option seems to be ID Mobile, but they use the Three network which is garbage at our house.

Might just buy the phone and stick with her current sim only deal, was avoiding that as it seemed to be more expensive annoyingly!

Back
Top Bottom