• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I don’t even remember how I transferred my Android stuff over and it was only 2 months ago. I think that shows it must have been fairly easy because if it had been a total pain I’d definitely remember.

Associate
Been messing around with some photography and shooting/editing RAW files with Halide and Lightroom. See attached, I'm no expert I just pull the sliders about haha. Far too warm the picture of the car, not sure what I was playing at.

Long story short, pulled the trigger in the end on the 12 Pro. Looking forward to seeing the comparisons with what my X can do at the moment.

Any suggestions on cases? I will take a look back through this thread as well...

eR3pHOP.jpg
xeZXGGM.jpg

Associate
So I've had my iPhone 12 for about 2 weeks now and I must say that I'm not impressed, there are times that I really miss my S10.

I really dislike the notification system. There are times that emails show up in the notification center but not on the Gmail app's icon (happens in other apps too) and vice versa. Unless I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Also, I'm using Swiftkey but there are several occasions where I'm forced to use the default keyboard (when I'm entering a wifi password for example).

Also, swiping from left to right to go in the previous page doesn't work everywhere? There are some pages that I have to use the arrow key on the top left corner...

Soldato
So I've had my iPhone 12 for about 2 weeks now and I must say that I'm not impressed, there are times that I really miss my S10.

I really dislike the notification system. There are times that emails show up in the notification center but not on the Gmail app's icon (happens in other apps too) and vice versa. Unless I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Also, I'm using Swiftkey but there are several occasions where I'm forced to use the default keyboard (when I'm entering a wifi password for example).

Also, swiping from left to right to go in the previous page doesn't work everywhere? There are some pages that I have to use the arrow key on the top left corner...

Is the default keyboard used as a security precaution? I presume a third party keyboard could be capturing sensitive data nefariously and this would mitigate that somewhat...?

I'm surprised notification on iOS are still so iffy, but have hope my friend, widgets are now a thing so my guess is that iOS 15 will have notifications like Android. :D

Soldato
I feel I’m in the minority here but I massively prefer the simplistic nature of iOS notifications, when I used android for a very brief spell it was just too busy and confusing

Soldato
I've just ordered the iPhone 12 mini but then I read some things about screen issues. Yellow tints, green tints, flickering and some an issue when the phones on black screens. Has anyone else had these display issues

Soldato
I've just ordered the iPhone 12 mini but then I read some things about screen issues. Yellow tints, green tints, flickering and some an issue when the phones on black screens. Has anyone else had these display issues

I think this was one of those things doing the rounds on Reddit just after release and seems to have faded away since. From a sample size of one single iPhone 12 Mini (my wife's), the screen is fine.

Commissario
I think this was one of those things doing the rounds on Reddit just after release and seems to have faded away since. From a sample size of one single iPhone 12 Mini (my wife's), the screen is fine.
You often hear this thing straight after a new phone is released, I remember reading many years ago that it may be down to the adhesive used and that it just takes a couple of weeks to go off and fully clear. I don't know if it's true or not.

Soldato
Thanks, just got confirmation its arriving tomorrow. Been looking a move from my pixel 2 xl for the last while now.

Whats the best way to move between android to ios?
Just received it today. Condition wise it could pass as brand new. 100% battery and full 12months apple warranty( few days missing) intact.

There’s an app for that.
App unfortunately didn't work. Got stuck at authentication.

Soldato
Anyone having any of the widespread screen issues being reported via other forums?

- Flickering blacks in low brightness
- Much warmer screens this year
- Green/pink hues and off-axis colour shifts
- Raised blacks
- Green blacks at zero brightness in dark environments

These were the issues I was referring to btw. Did you get an iPhone @Chris344 ?

Soldato
They do exist but most people won't notice. There's multiple forums and a long post on Apple's support communities. They know ow about the issue but haven't fixed them yet.
My iPhone 12 , nor my wife’s 12 Pro have any of those reported issues.
I doubt it’s as widespread as people want to believe.

Soldato
You also have to remember that Apple sell tens of millions of a few SKUs. Even if there is an issue with 0.01% of devices, there is looking to be a long list of those who it has effected, potentially hundreds of thousands. In reality as a proportion of users it’s very few.

Soldato
I got my iPhone 12 mini today. I'm liking it so far. Screen is okay, better with truetone off, looks less yellow. I thought OLED screens were supposed to pop and be really vibrant though? My redmi note 8 pro seems more vibrant, I think it uses IPS

Soldato
They could be made to pop, but Apple decide on how the colours are tuned and that’s what you get.

Interesting, so it's not a case of having a defective panel or anything?

Also, how do you guys feel about truetone? Phone screen is quite yellow with it on

Last edited:
Soldato
Kind of wish I held off upgrading to a 12 Pro from my XS until this year. I feel it will be much more worthwhile upgrade, especially if the display is finally 120Hz
I don’t think it’s all it’s cracked up to be if I’m honest.
I have an iPad Pro and the new Air and although the difference can be seen when using them side by side, in isolation the novelty of 120hz soon wears off.
I guess it does depend what you’re doing but for me it’s made made realise that I don’t need to be hell bent on having 120hz. I moved from S20 FE to my iPhone 12 and I don’t miss it one bit.

Soldato
Interesting, so it's not a case of having a defective panel or anything?

Also, how do you guys feel about truetone? Phone screen is quite yellow with it on
I know what you mean and it can be unsettling at first but it has a job and does it very well. It adapts to your ambient lighting and I suppose the end goal can be a little warmer than some would prefer however it is accurate. I have it turned on on my MacBook and iPad and you soon get used to it.

I turned it off early on as well but I realised it was doing more good than harm so I use it all the time now.

Back
Top Bottom