• iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm pleased with the white/silver, contrasts nicely with the navy silicone case.

Some quick photos.

DSCF9051.jpg

DSCF9054.jpg

DSCF9059.jpg

DSCF9063.jpg

Associate
Im seeing a lot of people that are upgrading from the 7 (like me) to the 12!

7 really has felt like **** since I updated to ios 14. The ram management has been awful, cant keep more than 2 apps simultaneously open without it having to refresh!

She wouldn't be changing if it wasn't for the phone being so unresponsive.

Battery lasts a matter of hours, storage is nearly full and it is failing pretty quickly. I'm sure they update it so it stops working :(

Soldato
Looking great in these pics!

The key difference is AC ensures that your phone is repaired by Apple. With third party insurance, they'll use some independent "authorised" repairer who may well botch the job.

The price is pretty much the same as you'd pay for third-party insurance. The trade-off is you lose the certainty of an Apple repair in exchange for loss/theft cover. Most of us are concerned with accidents, not losing it or having it stolen and, if the worst happens, your household insurance will likely cover it anyway.

As mentioned, AC also extends the Apple warranty for a second year.

That depends on your insurer and policy. I dropped and cracked the screen of my 11 Pro recently and had it repaired by Apple claiming the full £350 on my insurance. The policy works out at just over the cost of AC for 2 years but also includes my Apple Watch, MacBook Pro as well as all my camera gear.

If peace of mind is your thing then absolutely go for AC but I wouldn’t personally say it’s an inexpensive product. Maybe if they sold it tailored to all your Apple devices it might offer more value. Or of course if you know you’re prone to dropping your gadgets, for me that was the first time I’d ever dropped a phone so was very unlucky. Usually handle it like a baby!

Caporegime
Some policy are different if it a upgrade then I think you have to keep it. If it a new purchase contract then you have 14 days cooling off period
Nope I just called them and they said it’s 14 days regardless.
I wouldn't risk it tbh. Keep it sealed and they will have no reason to deny

Again just spoke to them and they said 14 days after receiving the phone. I can open it up and see if I like it, as long as the phone isn’t damaged aka dropped or scratches then I will not have an issue returning it for a full cancellation.

So with that being said I opened it up and it’s quite nice the pacific blue. Got the 12 pro version 256gb model. As for people complaining a few pages back about the laser etching of the safety marks....you can hardly make them out lol. I had to really look for them so yeh they aren’t in your face type of markings.

Anyhow have put it back in the box, just wanted to see what it felt like in my hand and what the pacific blue looked like. I quite like it, the sides are fingerprint magnets but the back is a matte frosted blue colour.

If Vodafone weren’t so expensive over Apple I’d keep this one but I’ll be taking it back Monday and just await my Apple order. Hopefully get that around Nov 9th.

Associate
Probably a sensible idea. Whats the price diff.

I’ve had a little look round online and brand new not found enough of a saving to be worthwhile over the 12pro. There are plenty of second hand ones kicking about. I bought my last 3 phones second hand and have been lucky. My luck may run out and end up with a lemon. I fancied going new this time and sticking with it. My mind is made up to stick with an ios.

I see some of the recycles are offering a good bit more than apple. I preordered one 12pro and did a trade in of my xs max. I'm paying outright so won't get paid for the phone until Apple receive it. Am I contractually bound to send it to Apple?

Caporegime
In a nutshell yes I would imagine you are if you bought a phone and said you will send your old one in.
Or they might just charge you full price if you don’t send it back to them.
Best to ask them if you can, they would know.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

She wouldn't be changing if it wasn't for the phone being so unresponsive.

Battery lasts a matter of hours, storage is nearly full and it is failing pretty quickly. I'm sure they update it so it stops working :(

Yep my battery has gotten worse for sure. Storage being at 32gb is the real killer for me though, cant do anything on here anymore

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

It's like a blue with a heavy grey tint. It's very nice in my opinion.

I tried to take a photo of it with my Galaxy S10e but it comes out more blue than it really is.

Thanks! It seems as if its similar to last years green then, which did look very grey in certain pictures

Associate
Yep my battery has gotten worse for sure. Storage being at 32gb is the real killer for me though, cant do anything on here anymore

Went for the 256gb.

128 would be enough, but I expect a better camera would quickly eat into that, and 512gb I think is a bit overkill especially for an extra £200.

Back
Top Bottom