Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Associate
I ordered the phone 2 days ago but now I think I want a different colour, what is the best solution in swapping the colour? Its due for delivery in 1 month from apple.

Soldato
Just order the other one, hopefully it comes within the return period of the first one. Keep your favourite one.

You’re going to have to wait regardless, they are sold out every place - unless you get a contract.

Soldato
I ordered the phone 2 days ago but now I think I want a different colour, what is the best solution in swapping the colour? Its due for delivery in 1 month from apple.
When the iPad Air was released last year the stores were still closed. I couldn't decide between Silver and Blue so I ordered both and returned the one I didn't want - very easy with Apple.

Soldato
Think I managed to get the last 13 Mini 512GB from Amazon. Delivered Friday and liking it a lot - coming from an iPhone 8 Plus for the last year (hated its size) and before that a standard iPhone 8 (great size). This is a little smaller than the 8 and feels identical to the iPhone 5 (which I’ve always thought was the perfect size), it even has the flat edges like the 5 :D Only reason I didn’t get the 12 Mini last year was battery life.

One issue I need to resolve (I never bothered fixing before) is that my phone silences notifications when it’s in my pocket or face down. I’m sure there must be a setting I have which causes this, anyone know which it is?

Associate
Long time Android user here, made the decision to give Apple a go. Ordered from Apple, slightly stunned by the month long wait time on delivery... is this normal Apple procedure or due to the semi conductor shortage etc.?

Soldato
Long time Android user here, made the decision to give Apple a go. Ordered from Apple, slightly stunned by the month long wait time on delivery... is this normal Apple procedure or due to the semi conductor shortage etc.?

Apple is quite conservative with their delivery times, they usually beat it. But you can also consider getting them Sim-Free from third party retailers, e.g. operators or high street. You can often get them faster. Carphone Warehouse has most configs in stock and available for delivery tomorrow.

Commissario
Ordered from Apple, slightly stunned by the month long wait time on delivery... is this normal Apple procedure or due to the semi conductor shortage etc.?
it's normal when it's just a couple of weeks after the new launch. Once the initial launch day orders are delivered and things settle down, it'll be back to next day.

Associate
Apple is quite conservative with their delivery times, they usually beat it. But you can also consider getting them Sim-Free from third party retailers, e.g. operators or high street. You can often get them faster. Carphone Warehouse has most configs in stock and available for delivery tomorrow.

I'm happy to wait, I have a phone still so not fussed with cancelling the order and going to the high street etc. I guess its pretty much just after launch so they will have a hefty backlog to deal with. Hopefully they will beat the estimated date of delivery.

Soldato
I ordered mine from GiffGaff yesterday and it came today. 13 Pro 128gb more than enough for me. So far I’m very impressed the screen makes my iPad Pro look a bit naff…. Lol

Soldato
Any one recommend a decent MagSafe vent car mount to hold my iPhone ? Something that is strong and can handle the bumps and frisky driving. I’m looking at the Spigen OneTap one. Don’t need charging and that seems to look to do it. Anyone else using them ?

Bought a new magsafe iPhone last week and was looking for the same thing. Did you buy the Spigen one or something else? Does Magsafe hold the phone in place well enough for driving on bumpy roads or is a cradle safer than just the magnet on it's own?

Any others people would recommend?

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought a new magsafe iPhone last week and was looking for the same thing. Did you buy the Spigen one or something else? Does Magsafe hold the phone in place well enough for driving on bumpy roads or is a cradle safer than just the magnet on it's own?

I listed what I had bought a little further up. With regards to magnet strength, if you either have the phone naked or use a MagSafe case then it ain’t going anywhere - very strong hold.
Third party cases are a minefield with regards magnet strength so just be wary.

Associate

Yeah I got the Spigen one without the charging and so far it hasn't dropped my iPhone. It vibrates a little more than I like compared to the Kenu Airframe one that was in my car before.

I drive pretty hard at times and also my ride in my car is pretty firm and yet it has stayed on. I do have an official Apple Leather Magsafe Case as well.

The Magsafe is totally convenient compared to the Airframe as you dont have to use both hands to mount it.

Will have to go back to the Kenu Airframe as I have just purchased a new phone (cough Pixel 6).

Soldato
I have the Apple leather case on my Pro Max and the annoying thing about it is the lip at the bottom, makes swiping up from the bottom of the screen a little clumsy compared to my old XS Max with the official leather case having a cutout area so it’s smooth.

Soldato
I listed what I had bought a little further up. With regards to magnet strength, if you either have the phone naked or use a MagSafe case then it ain’t going anywhere - very strong hold.
Third party cases are a minefield with regards magnet strength so just be wary.

I have an official apple magsafe silicone case so should hopefully be ok. Would you recommend the one you bought?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0915RH8NG/

Soldato
The regular 13 is the equivalent from a a regular 11.

I wouldn’t bother unless you are looking to hand down. I had an 11 pro and got a 13 pro but that was mainly to upgrade by wife on a 6S and a grandparent still on a 5S. Well that was my excuse anyway, there is very little between the 11 and 13 in the general day to day and I really didn’t need a new phone.

Soldato
Is there any benefit to ordering from apple direct? Carphone Warehouse state 16th nov for delivery of a pro max, the apple website is saying 24th nov+. Wondering if it's worth the extra wait for apple direct or if it will literally be the same stock and same warranty situation?

Back
Top Bottom