Poll: *** The official iPhone 14 thread (it can talk to satellites, has AOD and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 14 will you get?

• Total voters
Soldato
Brothers been having trouble charging his iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB, the other day the battery blew up pushing the screen out a little bit. Bang goes the £270 he wanted to get for trade in. Needs a new iPhone now rather urgently.

Bloody Nora, how on earth does that happen?

Did he abuse it? Was it wet/damaged? Was the cable faulty? Surely there was something additionally up with and it wasn’t just a case of it ‘not charging’ then bang?

Soldato
Tried the Barclays 24month thingy again today after having tried and failed a few months back for no clear reason, and it went through.

I do think the last time was more of an error on the site as it didn't even take a second to load, it was just I clicked submit and it instantly said it had declined

Anyways tried again and all good, arriving tomorrow now stock seems less of an issue.

Trading in an iPhone 11, I assume that's a simple enough process. Sounds like they send the kit out and you just post it off. It's in great condition, can't see why they would find any issue with it fingers crossed.

Soldato
Trading in an iPhone 11, I assume that's a simple enough process. Sounds like they send the kit out and you just post it off. It's in great condition, can't see why they would find any issue with it fingers crossed.

While dealing with Apple directly is probably the safest option, I am always weary of those services where you have to send your equipment away.

Best of luck with the process.

Last edited:
Soldato
Take a video of the condition and you popping it in the box and sealing it.

Heard horror stories even on here of companies (inc apple) saying it arrived with a smashed screen or bashed corner etc

Soldato
While dealing with Apple directly is probably the safest option, I am always weary of those services where you have to send your equipment away.

Best of luck with the process.
If he’s using the Apple trade in which it sounds like he is then he should be fine, I’ve used Barclays finance twice with trade in and had no issues getting the value they told me.

Soldato
Ha I bought my other half a iPad pro for Christmas. She hasn't bought apple care. :-/ tbf it rarely leaves the house unlike a phone.

I'm thinking of buying an iPhone. Last one I had was what ever came after the iPhone 4.

I've been spending £250 every 3 years on a oneplus.

Still not quite adjusted to the idea of spending so much on a phone, although I do appreciate they are much better than what I'm use to in every respect.

I might get apple care and just pay it over monthly. Im on Giffgaff bags ATM.

Last edited:
Associate
I currently have an iPhone 11 128gb and I'm looking at upgrading to the 14 Pro Max. I'm assuming this will be quite an upgrade! I'm just wondering if there is any justifiable reason to need more than the 128Gb of storage given that I have 2Tb of iCloud storage? The 128 has been plenty for me on the 11 but obviously I know that apps and pics take up an every increasing amount of space.

What affected your choices? Anyone with 128 regret not going bigger?

Soldato
I currently have an iPhone 11 128gb and I'm looking at upgrading to the 14 Pro Max. I'm assuming this will be quite an upgrade! I'm just wondering if there is any justifiable reason to need more than the 128Gb of storage given that I have 2Tb of iCloud storage? The 128 has been plenty for me on the 11 but obviously I know that apps and pics take up an every increasing amount of space.

What affected your choices? Anyone with 128 regret not going bigger?

If 128GB has been enough for you in the past, and you don't think your usage will change any time soon, I can't see any reason to think why 128GB won't be sufficient.

How much are you actually using?

Associate
If 128GB has been enough for you in the past, and you don't think your usage will change any time soon, I can't see any reason to think why 128GB won't be sufficient.

How much are you actually using?

I think Ive used about 80gb but in truth I could easy delete half the rubbish on it! I was wondering more about whether or not the upgrade in the tech would mean that pics and things would end up taking up way more space. I dont normally tend to go for the base storage options in many things but in this case it seems more than sufficient unless Im missing anything obvious!

Associate
Soldato
Bloody Nora, how on earth does that happen?

Did he abuse it? Was it wet/damaged? Was the cable faulty? Surely there was something additionally up with and it wasn’t just a case of it ‘not charging’ then bang?

Got this email from my brother last night, he’s just got an iPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB from local IQ store…

“Got my new phone just in time because I had switched the old one off for a good 4 hours. I switch it back on to reset the phone to factory setting but it would not come on so I plug the charger in to get some charge. But when I switch the phone on the screen went very bright started pushing the screen up even more.

Then the screen changed color to green and big white line on one size. The phone is now completely ****** not even good for parts. I have dumped it straight away to be on the safe side.

It’s well known that when a battery swells up like that it has a good chance of catching fire, which did worry me a bit before I got the new phone. I did kept it on a marble chopping board just in case until I got that phone call from IQ that my phone was in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Her iPhone 14 Pro turned up, she's chuffed with it.

Got herself the clear mag safe apple case thingy Monday. Went to work yesterday and she dropped it in the carpark on her way in!! Has never dropped her phone before lol typical! Luckily no damage, the case has a few scuffs on the corner but now she wishes she went for one of the silicon ones for a bit of grip, I will admit I agree that clear plastic one is a bit slippery.

She's still gutted though but no harm done! Ive said she should get a screen protector now. Any go to recommendations?

Soldato
Luckily no damage, the case has a few scuffs on the corner but now she wishes she went for one of the silicon ones for a bit of grip, I will admit I agree that clear plastic one is a bit slippery.

Yeah I was going to get the Apple clear case until I heard it was slippery. Ended up getting the Apple official leather case in midnight for £49 from Amazon.

Soldato
Yeah I was going to get the Apple clear case until I heard it was slippery. Ended up getting the Apple official leather case in midnight for £49 from Amazon.

Yeah this was £49 too, but kind of feel like we can't shell out another £49 for a case and can't return this one as it's used/now scuffed.

Ahh we'll see how she feels about it after another few weeks, I'd have gone silicon /leather from the get go!

Back
Top Bottom