Poll: *** The official iPhone 14 thread (it can talk to satellites, has AOD and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 14 will you get?

• Total voters
Associate
What does everyone pay monthly for the new 14? Im paying £83 for my 12pro max atm still, but I can upgrade to the 14 pro.
Debating whether to, or just keep this until the 15.

With that, is it worth the upgrade?

Associate
My iPhone 14 Pro has been sitting on my desk for the past two weeks. I have been trying to figure whether I want to upgrade from my iPhone X which now has a cracked screen. I finally decided "yes, let's go for it" and I am pretty impressed. I especially like the way they have done the Always On Display.
You thought about fixing the screen yourself? If it's an old iPhone screens should be cheap and to replace them is very easy. Even older iPhones (4, 5, 5S) were harder cos you had to go through the back.

Caporegime
My 14 pro has arrived and all transferred over, my EE eSIM transferred over with quick transfer with no issues, as did my watch.

Really do like quick transfer on Apple devices.
Lucky you, mines still at the preparing ti despatch stage. But I no longer have the option to cancel the order so I’m still hoping it gets here Monday but have a feeling it will be sometime next week.

Associate
Hi all,

Looking to setup my 14 PM this evening. Going from the 12pm, what’s the easiest way to switch? I could do with removing some apps I don’t use anymore and my 12pm has had battery issues since iOS 16.

Should I setup as a new device and manually add everything or is there an easier alternative?

Thanks !

Soldato
Remove the apps you don't use on your 12PM and then when you get your new phone turn it on, it will detect your old phone nearby and offer to do a quick transfer, that is the easiest way to set up a new phone, it will set up everything automatically, wifi, Apple ID, move over all data, apps etc. You'll have a perfect copy of your old phone within 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Remove the apps you don't use on your 12PM and then when you get your new phone turn it on, it will detect your old phone nearby and offer to do a quick transfer, that is the easiest way to set up a new phone, it will set up everything automatically, wifi, Apple ID, move over all data, apps etc. You'll have a perfect copy of your old phone within 10-15 minutes.

Not 100% true. It’s great sure as most things will transfer over but there are apps that are device bound stuff like MFA, banking apps etc will need to be setup again. Make sure you check everything before wiping your old phone!

Man of Honour
Not 100% true. It’s great sure as most things will transfer over but there are apps that are device bound stuff like MFA, banking apps etc will need to be setup again. Make sure you check everything before wiping your old phone!
I just have to relogin to banking stuff, no biggie. I think First Direct might be tied to the device but I’ve not used them for years so that may have changed.

Associate
It’s likely on its way from China. Apple sometimes don’t give you tracking details until it’s in the UK.
Thanks when it changed from processing to preparing to dispatch I thought it was in the country at Apple and was waiting on a courier to pick up

Associate
Thanks when it changed from processing to preparing to dispatch I thought it was in the country at Apple and was waiting on a courier to pick up
Just asked support and received this reply.
It means that it has already left our warehouse and waits for courier to scan and label
So hope it updates tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom