Poll: *** The official iPhone 14 thread (it can talk to satellites, has AOD and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 14 will you get?

• Total voters
Caporegime
Finally my iPhone 14pro should be here tomorrow yayyy. Been stuck in despatch since last week and was getting concerned as to why it’s taking so long.

Anyhow can’t track it yet as it hasn’t been loaded onto the website that does the tracking.

Looking forward to getting it set up as soon as I can.

Soldato
I've got a poor sod of a mate in Australia who has OCD. He gets obsessed with things then acts compulsively to relieve the anxiety. His current obsession is for iPhones. He's had a number of iPhone 12 minis, iPhone 13 minis, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pros and an iPhone 14 Pro.

Goes back and forth between the different models either returning them or selling them on for low money. He's currently got another iPhone 13 mini 128GB after having a 13 Pro 256GB that his dad swapped with him for a 14 Pro 128GB that he bought and was lucky to get hold of.

Usually only has the phone for a few days before wanting to change. He's got precious little money in his bank account and relies on loans that he gets every six months.

The amount of money he's wasted on phones is obscene.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've got a poor sod of a mate in Australia who has OCD. He gets obsessed with things then acts compulsively to relieve the anxiety. His current obsession is for iPhones. He's had a number of iPhone 12 minis, iPhone 13 minis, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pros and an iPhone 14 Pro.

Goes back and forth between the different models either returning them or selling them on for low money. He's currently got another iPhone 13 mini 128GB after having a 13 Pro 256GB that his dad swapped with him for a 14 Pro 128GB that he bought and was lucky to get hold of.

Usually only has the phone for a few days before wanting to change. He's got precious little money in his bank account and relies on loans that he gets every six months.

The amount of money he's wasted on phones is obscene.

Dayum, I thought I was bad changing game consoles every few months. :D

Caporegime
Well, first it was iPhone 11, then it was iPhone 13 mini. But I thought "What the hell" and now decided to go (nearly) all in with an iPhone 14 Pro. My first ever smartphone and I thought why not get one that does everything. Thinking of Tesco Mobile for the phone (£65 pm with unlimited data) and then I will get Applecare+ with Theft & Loss for the insurance part.

As I'm a total newbie with phone purchasing I really don't know if this is the best network or not. It just seems the cheapest because the contract is over 3 years instead of 2. I don't think I'll be wanting to upgrade any earlier if I've managed 15 years without one. :p

Soldato
Dayum, I thought I was bad changing game consoles every few months. :D
He has no insight into it. It's just insane. Why would anyone swap a 14 Pro 128GB for a 13 Pro 256GB then sell that two days later for $750 AUD only to buy another new 13 mini 128GB which he's had a number of times before.

I wish I lived near him to pick up these bargains he keeps passing on to people in the local community.

Soldato
Why would anyone swap a 14 Pro 128GB for a 13 Pro 256GB then sell that two days later for $750 AUD only to buy another new 13 mini 128GB which he's had a number of times before.
I have a theory as to why he keeps buying the 13 minis, it's probably because it's all he can afford not because he particularly wants that model.

His anxiety is that strong that he is desperate to get rid of whatever current model is causing him anxiety and then when he has changed and calmed down looks at the better models again, thus we go round in circles.

Soldato
Ooh, I'm well chuffed with this iPhone. It's my first ever one (as I keep saying). Will take a bit of getting used to coming from an iPad with more screen estate but Face ID makes Touch ID seem so slow and antiquated now!

Wasn’t sure when changing from my Touch ID IPhone 8 to the newer Face ID only phones…was kinda against the whole idea. Now I wouldn’t be without it! Seems iOS 16 allows (finally!) face unlock with the phone horizontal also which I have been wanting for ages.

Caporegime
After waiting for almost a month I finally have my iPhone 14pro in deep purple and it’s absolutely lovely. Mind you looks a bit lilac in some angles.

Camera bump is much larger than my 12 pro and I’ve heard people say it’s heavier than previous pro versions. But honestly I think my 12 pro is heavier than the 14 pro but there’s not much in it.

Now I’ve got to get it set up then prepare the 12 pro to be sent back to Apple as part of my trade in.

But happy days, been a long wait for the new phone. Looking forward to setting it up and playing around with it. Got a case and a screen protector as well so I’m set for protection.

Soldato
After almost a week I’m definitely glad I downsized to a pro, the weight difference and usability differences are huge, I do sometimes miss the larger screen but not enough to want a max size phone again.

Associate
AppleCare if I take the one off payment can I go onto monthly payments at the end of the term or is it 2 years and that’s it

Soldato
Two years only I believe, I usually do monthly as I upgrade yearly it’s less of a faff to cancel when I trade in my phone, rather than having to contact Apple for a refund of the 2nd year, slightly more expensive paid monthly but it’s only about £2 a month more.

Associate
Tha
Two years only I believe, I usually do monthly as I upgrade yearly it’s less of a faff to cancel when I trade in my phone, rather than having to contact Apple for a refund of the 2nd year, slightly more expensive paid monthly but it’s only about £2 a month more.
Thanks the website wasn’t very clear on the monthly payments as it just says monthly till you cancel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom