Poll: *** The official iPhone 14 thread (it can talk to satellites, has AOD and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 14 will you get?

• Total voters
Permabanned
My commute is a 10min drive where i listen to podcasts. I actually prefer podcast over music so I hardly make a dent in my data allowance.

I also watch shows on the iPad, not the phone and my iPad is WiFi only, meaning I would just use airport wifi to download, however slow that may be as a last resort. But generally i can sleep on the plane too.

I always listen to Twit.tv stuff 100G limit isn't a lot if you can go through 488mb in few seconds :)

Soldato
My commute is a 10min drive where i listen to podcasts. I actually prefer podcast over music so I hardly make a dent in my data allowance.

I also watch shows on the iPad, not the phone and my iPad is WiFi only, meaning I would just use airport wifi to download, however slow that may be as a last resort. But generally i can sleep on the plane too.
You love the airport.

Soldato
I'm surprised with the delays on the Pro Max, I thought the delays would have come down now. Maybe this is recency bias but has there been an iPhone with as larger delays this far after release?

Soldato
They’re also opening factories in India and Vietnam iirc

Foxconn slowly moving out of china but have MASSIVE amounts of factories and workers, so it probably won’t happen and is likely just for western PR for apple, Sony, Samsung etc

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry new to this, can you separate volume of typing and system sounds from ringer volume?

Also, Face ID scan thing is undersold, didn realise how it ran through apps etc.

Soldato
Should hope so when it cost as much as a MacBook :p

Tbf, I hammer my phone. After 2 years my 12pro was on 83% battery health. Condition still immaculate.

I thought it was best to just upgrade as I got a good deal through Sky. Still, to me it’s just another iPhone. I’ve turned off the AOD, widgets etc as I’m old school.

I still need to test the cameras, the island to me is nothing spectacular but I can see the benefit.

I also prefer the slightly heavier weight all be it, 17g difference from the 12pro.

Although the biggest difference I’ve been impressed with is the Pro motion. It’s simply fluid and that’s what I like.

Caporegime
Also upgrading from a 12 to a 14 pro this week. The battery on my 12 is knackered tbh and I want a high Hz display nowadays.

I know it won't blow me away or anything but after selling/trading in my 12 it should "only" be a £500 upgrade.

Edit: @Raymond Lin is it this case that you have? Spigen Optik Armor MagFit Case

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like the delays have now subsided and you can get a new Pro Max in most colours on next day delivery now. My lock button on my 12 is annoying me now so it might be time to upgrade.

Caporegime
I've had mine a month and a half now, i must say I much prefer the shape of this style of iPhone with the square edges over the curve. It is notably heavier than the XR.

Cameras wise I wish there is a focal length that is around 50mm. The one on there is like 13, 24 and 75.

Battery life is okay (14 Pro), not spectacular and I don't have always on display on, not even the time. I tend to charge it every day and have the levels sit between 20-85%.

Actual daily use compared to my XR, besides now the stutter and speed of loading apps have gone. Not a lot. Actual experience isn't that much different if you are on iOS16.

The Island thing, hmmmm, looks different but doesn't change anything. The only good thing is if i am running YouTube or other media in the background, i can 1 tap to switch to it quickly like a tab on a browser.

If I had a 13Pro I wouldn't have upgraded, might not even if on a 12Pro.

Soldato
Brothers been having trouble charging his iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB, the other day the battery blew up pushing the screen out a little bit. Bang goes the £270 he wanted to get for trade in. Needs a new iPhone now rather urgently.

Back
Top Bottom