Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
15 pro max (now called Ultra) wish list, in no particular order:

Hardware/Design:
1) USB-C
2) Faster wired and wireless charging (maybe 45w wired and 20w wireless?)
3) No notch/holepunch display
4) 256gb base storage/8gb ram (for prores and proraw mainly as it seems to use a lot of space)
5) Touch ID in power button
6) Change the dimensions of the 15 pro max for it to be narrower so its easier to hold in hand - at the moment its far too wide for it to be a comfortable 1 handed phone!
7) 1440p display/Increased PPI

Reading the original post of this thread and it seems as if 3 out of the 7 has been met.

hoping to see faster charging speeds and touch ID in power button for the 16!

Do the Apple stores normally have the new models on display before release? I want to see the Pro colours in person before deciding. I was all set on the Blue but like the look of the natural now

What price, £999 for the 15 pro?
I thought with Apple you get sone warranty anyway dont you (without taking out applecare)

The same prices as the Apple Store. I am not sure of the technicalities but you may have to fight with Apple over what is covered beyond the first year, where as with John Lewis, it should be a simpler process.

I realised earlier I had £300 of John Lewis vouchers so going to be buying it from them instead of direct from Apple. Speaking with their CS earlier, apparently they're taking pre-orders from Friday too. So I would assume other retailers will also be taking them from Friday too.

That's interesting John Lewis may be taking pre-orders this Friday. I am sure if you speak to another customer service representative, they will tell you something different, hehe. You seem to get different answers depending on the representative you speak with. There never seems to be any continuity, in my experience anyway. As far as I am aware, John Lewis have always opened orders for Apple products on the day of launch. I will be sure to check this Friday though.

I have settled on the Titanium Blue but I still can't decide on which size. While it will be a shame to cover up the blue colour, if I am going to get a case, it will be the Bellroy in terracotta.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the new pros use the same sensor as the 14 pros?

As in the presentation they said its using bigger sensor but seems they were comparing it to the non pro 15 (which uses a smaller sensor than the 14 pros)

Kind of misleading if that’s the case

Last edited:
Was pretty certain that I was going to upgrade my 12 pro max when the 15 came out and after seeing it I'm not so sure now and wondering if I could get another 2 years out of 12 as I haven't had 1 single issue with it, battery is at 85% condition and only using about 65% of the storage, feels like it should be fine.

It may look better in real life, but I do prefer the sharper bezels instead of the rounded edge look.

We have the geekbench results, A17 Pro disappoints

A17 Pro is 10% faster in single core compared to the A16 and it's the same in multicore

So while the GPU is faster than the A16, and we still waiting for GPU benches, these results show the CPU cores in the A17 Pro are nearly identical to the A16

Last edited:

A17 Pro is 10% faster in single core compared to the A16 and it's 2% faster in multicore

Here he is, forgetting he ever tried to ridicule someone then got roasted.

Do the Apple stores normally have the new models on display before release? I want to see the Pro colours in person before deciding. I was all set on the Blue but like the look of the natural now
Not before no, only from release day.
Does anyone know if the new pros use the same sensor as the 14 pros?

As in the presentation they said its using bigger sensor but seems they were comparing it to the non pro 15 (which uses a smaller sensor than the 14 pros)

Kind of misleading if that’s the case

Hardware between the 14 Pro and 15 Pro appears to be the same. Most of the changes are software. Next generation portrait mode and smart HDR 5, 24mp files from the main camera by default for example.

Last edited:

A17 Pro is 10% faster in single core compared to the A16 and it's the same in multicore

So while the GPU is faster than the A16, and we still waiting for GPU benches, these results show the CPU cores in the A17 Pro are nearly identical to the A16

You can bet it does those scores using less power and generating less heat. Will be interesting to see. Let's not forget how incredibly over kill the CPU already is which likely explains why they focused on the GPU most where there was I believe a 20% gain. The neural engine is also twice as fast.

Last edited:
10% single core is not to be sniffed at given single core is still king for the vast majority of workloads. It will certainly ‘feel’ faster.
no one's iPhone 13, or 14 is slow. Or even 12. Battery life improvements is mainly what users want, and as mentioned the GPU if they game on it. Benchmarks, especially geekbench, are pretty much meaningless.

I have an 11 and was toying with upgrading but I might as well keep the for it's 5th year. Can't believe I'm saying that. It immaculate and I don't play games other than marvel puzzle quest on it, so what is it people do on their phones that I don't when they need a faster phone? I don't feel mine is slow at all. What's going to feel faster? Even when I use my wife's 14, I don't think it feels faster than mine on our usage other than trying to justify an upgrade to myself.

Was pretty certain that I was going to upgrade my 12 pro max when the 15 came out and after seeing it I'm not so sure now and wondering if I could get another 2 years out of 12 as I haven't had 1 single issue with it, battery is at 85% condition and only using about 65% of the storage, feels like it should be fine.

It may look better in real life, but I do prefer the sharper bezels instead of the rounded edge look.

Same boat as you mate. Don't get me wrong I am definitely one for new gadgets I have the Ipad Pro M2 and Ultra... but the 15 Pro Max still doesn't tempt me as the 12 Pro Max is already so good.

Every year they make a song and dance about the camera and computational photography... and of course it's great people have this tech in their pockets to capture important life moments but as far as I'm concerend there is still very little competition to Fujifilm/Sony etc mirrorless cameras. iPhone images always look overly-processed and the two-dimensional fake bokeh layer is completely flat and just looks unantural. It seems to me the more computational photography advances, the worse the images seem to get. It's all very gimmicky tbh.

Other than that I already don't really notice the difference between 60hz on my 12PM and the 120hz on my iPad... sure the difference is there but I don't miss ProMotion when I use my iPhone. USB-C looks good to save clutter and cables on the go. Dynamic Island a nice to have but not going to revolutionse anything. Screen again already looks fantstic on the 12 Pro Max with HDR 4K content. Maybe the new WiFi standard will be better... to be honest I'm struggling to see the reason to upgrade.

CPU I am entirely sceptical of. The M2 in my iPad Pro is utterly pointless. It overheats after a few minutes of use (e.g. Lightroom photo editing) and then dims the screen to protect the components, it's unusable when this happens. It's like fitting a car with a V12 engine and giving it no cooling so after 2 minutes on a track it overheats and gets the power bottlenecked... in which case... what is the point of the V12 in the first place. Spoken to Adobe engineers who basically said the Ipad Pro M2 is flawed in its design for this reason and told me to use battery saver mode when using Lightroom. /Rant

Maybe just get my 12 Pro Max battery service and give it a new lease of life. Anyone upgrading from a 14 Pro Max IMO is utterly crazy or earns too much money! lol

Last edited:
You can bet it does those scores using less power and generating less heat. Will be interesting to see. Let's not forget how incredibly over kill the CPU already is which likely explains why they focused on the GPU most where there was I believe a 20% gain. The neural engine is also twice as fast. I'm

If that's the case then the battery life should be significantly better than the 14 pro, we'll see what happens

50% better battery life? First phone to reach 15 hours on battery stress test?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom