Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Anyone got an Anker or Apple MagSafe power bank? When I’m out in London or for the day my battery drops a fair bit on my 13 …
I’ve been eyeing up such a power bank but mainly for passthrough charging at home with the added benefit of portability when required - so I’m interested to hear some thoughts.
In the research that I’ve done there seems to be many reports of the Anker chargers getting very hot which is slightly concerning.

Last edited:
I’ve been eyeing up such a power bank but mainly for passthrough charging at home with the added benefit of portability when required - so I’m interested to hear some thoughts.
In the research that I’ve done there seems to be many reports of the Anker chargers getting very hot which is slightly concerning.
Hot whilst charging?

I think the notch stays the same, dynamic island will be with us for a few more cycles yet.

No logic in removing it just yet after 1 generation.

I prefer the notch to the island - it seems much less intrusive.
I hope they keep the Plus model and finally stick a 120hz LTPO display in it.
I'm currently on a 13PM but my only two requirements are large and high refresh display - most (if not all) of the 'Pro' features are wasted on me.

Just because Apple can do a thing, doesn't mean they will put it on a phone, remember its set incremental updates every generation, not 'lets put the best of everything we can in a phone', where would be the profit in that ;)

Just because Apple can do a thing, doesn't mean they will put it on a phone, remember its set incremental updates every generation, not 'lets put the best of everything we can in a phone', where would be the profit in that ;)

of course! bit of a sorry state for the world of smartphones atm, they're pretty much at peak and we probably wont ever see another huge leap

iPhones already have better cameras than iPads, and already have Face ID?
And iPads have had USB-C since what, 2018?
As I said, they'll do incremental updates rather than making a device that's got the best of everything they do, its hardly a 'claim', but feel free to do your own research on the subject...

And iPads have had USB-C since what, 2018?
As I said, they'll do incremental updates rather than making a device that's got the best of everything they do, its hardly a 'claim', but feel free to do your own research on the subject...
USBC is hardly an update though, it’s just a sidestep at best. There’s no new functionality offered.

Apple can’t release technology it doesn’t have, or is a downgrade from what they’ve already got, or can’t manufacture to scale. It’s not about holding things back, it’s about releasing products that meet certain price points at scale and on-time.

We might as well criticise Tesla for not releasing an electric car with a 500 mile real-world range. Why are they deliberately holding back on it? It’s useful to stop and think that either the technology is not there or is not yet economical to manufacture at scale.

Last edited:
USBC is hardly an update though, it’s just a sidestep at best. There’s no new functionality offered.

Apple can’t release technology it doesn’t have, or is a downgrade from what they’ve already got, or can’t manufacture to scale. It’s not about holding things back, it’s about releasing products that meet certain price points at scale and on-time.

We might as well criticise Tesla for not releasing an electric car with a 500 mile real-world range. Why are they deliberately holding back on it? It’s useful to stop and think that either the technology is not there or is not yet economical to manufacture at scale.

But when its tech that they have elsewhere in their product lineup....?!
As for USB-C not being an update, its speed alone is a jump, rather than lightenings slowassed speeds...

Back
Top Bottom