Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
I must be doing something wrong then because it’s 50/50 about the camera vs the s24u but the review seem to say iPhone is better camera

Mrwhosetheboss looks at quite a lot of different categories to conclude which one is better. There’s no weighting in those categories which doesn’t translate well to how most people use a phone camera.

Supersaf comparisons are usually good to get a feel for how each perform.

iPhone 16 Pro is now restoring from iCloud, fitted a Torras glass screen protector on the phone straight after removing the protective sticker :)

Have to say that the iphones of late are very robust but the screen scratch pretty easily. Just spent a week climbing in a sandy forest and I have a bunch of serious scratches on the display. I don't like screen protectors though so hey ho.

What are peoples views on these so far. Got a 13 pro max and I am contemplating getting the 16 pro as the max is a little large and bulky and I can put the 16 pro through my business.

Have to say that the iphones of late are very robust but the screen scratch pretty easily. Just spent a week climbing in a sandy forest and I have a bunch of serious scratches on the display. I don't like screen protectors though so hey ho.

What are peoples views on these so far. Got a 13 pro max and I am contemplating getting the 16 pro as the max is a little large and bulky and I can put the 16 pro through my business.

I’ve gone from the 13PM to the 16PM early days so can’t comment on cameras etc but ultimately it’s more of the same, Apple intelligence will be when the phone starts to differentiate itself.

Weird, I was sent a PIN along with my DPD tracking info which the driver asked for before handing it over. First time I've ever had it so just assumed that was standard for higher value orders.

I've got my 16 Pro from O2 but made a mistake by trying to switch to an eSIM as the transfer isn't working from my old phone to new. So now my only options are to wait for a new QR Code in the post, which will take a few days and the old SIM will stop working straightawat or go to an O2 store in person. According to my order I had ordered a
"seamless eSIM" transition!

Anybody come across this before? I guess I'll have to go into the store tomorrow

100% on a screen protector.

I bought into the hype from the naked crowd of “these new screens are really robust, you don’t need a screen protector” when I went from a XS to 15PM last year — scratched the screen within a week of getting it. :rolleyes:

I’m not talking about micro scratches either, but deep enough to catch a nail on and very visible.

I take care of my stuff, no keys in the same pocket etc. Still need a protector.

The people who say you don’t need one either have a different tolerance to scratches to me, or they’re blind and can’t see them. :cry:

There is a scratch on the screen protector on my 14Pro, and I take care of mine. I keep my phone in my pocket separately with anything else. It has never gone into a bag and the case raises the edge enough when placed on a table the screen never touches the surface. Yet somehow a scratch appeared and deep enough to catch it with my nail too.

Last edited:
There is a scratch on the screen protector on my 14Pro, and I take care of mine. I keep my phone in my pocket separately with anything else. It has never gone into a bag and the case raises the edge enough when placed on a table the screen never touches the surface. Yet someone a scratch appeared and deep enough to catch it with my nail too.

Yeah, sometimes **** just happens.

I've got AppleCare+, so I'm half waiting for something bad to happen to it so I can get a replacement and then stick a protector onto the new one the minute I open it.

The scratches (I've picked up a few over the last year) don't get in the way most of the time, but they're distracting when you notice them. It's not bad enough to get it replaced just for the scratches, but I wouldn't be too upset if I accidentally dropped it and needed an AppleCare replacement.

Last edited:
I’ve gone from the 13PM to the 16PM early days so can’t comment on cameras etc but ultimately it’s more of the same, Apple intelligence will be when the phone starts to differentiate itself.

Will it add emoji reactions to OcUK posts on my behalf?

If not, I’m out.

Quite like the black titanium. I've had all the one-off colours on my Pro phones over the year so this is the first time probably since the iPhone X that I've been back to a black colour.

I've put screen protectors on both phones and neither have even been turned on yet. Amazing how much dust already appears to be on there :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom