Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
Anyone else unimpressed with the new button?
I use a Spigen case, and think it works better as a thumb button rather than using my finger...

I'm guessing there's no way to disable it or use it for other stuff?

I use a Spigen case, and think it works better as a thumb button rather than using my finger...

Yeah, it's not something I'll use, I'm too used to the old method. Who knows after a few months it might become useful. Speigen case here too

You can disable it. Settings > Camera > Camera Control

There are a few other options too. Camera, code scanner and magnifier but nothing particularly interesting.

Last edited:
Hi All. Just trying to get EE to give me a decent deal, and failing. Have been a customer for 10 years, and want the Iphone 16 Pro. Got my PAC code last week, and normally their "refuse to loose" team call me, and give me an excellent deal. Not this time.....anyone had any luck negotiating with EE for the iphone 16 ?

Collected my Teal 16 this morning and set it up this afternoon, new camera is impressive (even better cat pictures now) everything else is me making up for not getting a full sized iPhone 13 last time and trying to tell my self the mini was a good idea, the full size screen is so much better to use and look at.

Migrating from the old phone is getting more fiddly each time, mostly as going esim only causes a lag when both old and new phone are live (a few WhatsApp messages never made it across) plus it decided to download a butt load of updates for all my apps that I was sure were up to date yesterday when I started. Still took 2-3 hours start to finish.

Starling with the video and photos was the only annoying one until I got to the Barclays app. Jesus Christ Barclay. Just make it so you have a user name and password then put the PIN code of the card if need be. You have to register to use the app, put in every single detail including what you had for breakfast. Take a photo of your ID as well as a video of you looking left. Looking right. Saying a random phrase and numbers. Then they look at it and it takes 1h to verify.

This bit has just driven me up the wall, Monzo and Starling needed hand holding then Nationwide nearly caused a meltdown getting into loops with what you need to authenticate. Thankfully the ancient pin reader still works to go a low tech way.

New IOS has one gigantically annoying change for all this as well, searching passwords doesn't bring up the new password manager!!!

Collected my Teal 16 this morning and set it up this afternoon, new camera is impressive (even better cat pictures now) everything else is me making up for not getting a full sized iPhone 13 last time and trying to tell my self the mini was a good idea, the full size screen is so much better to use and look at.

Migrating from the old phone is getting more fiddly each time, mostly as going esim only causes a lag when both old and new phone are live (a few WhatsApp messages never made it across) plus it decided to download a butt load of updates for all my apps that I was sure were up to date yesterday when I started. Still took 2-3 hours start to finish.

This bit has just driven me up the wall, Monzo and Starling needed hand holding then Nationwide nearly caused a meltdown getting into loops with what you need to authenticate. Thankfully the ancient pin reader still works to go a low tech way.

New IOS has one gigantically annoying change for all this as well, searching passwords doesn't bring up the new password manager!!!

You sure, just tried to search passwords as it came up for me.

You sure, just tried to search passwords as it came up for me.
Yeah this was me not running the app for the first time moment before trying to find it, it’s there now and my minor inconvenience has been put down mostly to the idiot behind the keyboard :cry:

Teach me for not wanting to migrate it in the store next to someone who knows what they’re doing

• Haha
Reactions: Kol
Intensive gaming test

16 Pro Max can have more than double the performance of the 15 Pro Max due to the 15 thermal throttling and the 16 Pro Max being more consistent

And remember the 16 pro max has achieved this without active cooling - no silly fans attached to the case like on Android

Part of the higher scores below is because the 16 pro max has a higher peak potential performance over the 15 pro max, but more importantly the 15 pro max is only able to sustain 48% of its maximum performance when gaming, while the 16 pro max is able to sustain 75% of its maximum performance when gaming

Last edited:
I was debating upgrading from my 13 pro to the 16 pro and I'm very glad that I did.

One of the things I've noticed the most is how fast the face ID is. I seem to never have to put my pin in which is class.

I was debating upgrading from my 13 pro to the 16 pro and I'm very glad that I did.

One of the things I've noticed the most is how fast the face ID is. I seem to never have to put my pin in which is class.
Yeah I’m happy with the upgrade too, camera, always on display, battery life, speed all massively improved.

Intensive gaming test

16 Pro Max can have more than double the performance of the 15 Pro Max due to the 15 thermal throttling and the 16 Pro Max being more consistent

And remember the 16 pro max has achieved this without active cooling - no silly fans attached to the case like on Android

Part of the higher scores below is because the 16 pro max has a higher peak potential performance over the 15 pro max, but more importantly the 15 pro max is only able to sustain 48% of its maximum performance when gaming, while the 16 pro max is able to sustain 75% of its maximum performance when gaming

They did make changes to the cooling system for both the Pro and the Pro Max. Good to see the results speak for themselves.

Quick q guys. I have AppleCare+ on my 15 Pro, which I’ll be giving to my wife. Will the monthly AppleCare continue once I wipe and she restores as her phone? I’m keen for it to continue if possible (we use family sharing too if that makes any difference?).

Edit - I checked Google and it seems yes it will continue, hopefully still under my payment card. We will see.

Last edited:
Had a quick look, is there anything that it does better than just properly utilising the passwords app?
I’ve not looked into the Passwords app so can’t comment on its abilities however the reason I use Bitwarden is that it’s usable across different OSs, browsers and apps. In my case I have Linux, MacOS and Windows machines and Bitwarden works on them all. This may not be important for mobile devices though

Back
Top Bottom